OCZ Vertex4 SSD or Crucial MX300

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
Could someone help with an opinion please ?

I've been using Crucial MX300 SSD's for a few years now but when one in an external drive began to slow & be unresponsive I bought an OCZ Vertex 4 120Gb unit as a replacement & found it to be much quicker.

Does anyone on here use OCZ SSD & how do you get on with it ?

I usually buy Kingston, Crucial or Samsung but I did once buy an OCZ a few years ago for some reason and it was fine for a long time.

Why the reservations?

Last edited:
I use Crucial where I need a budget SSD, and Samsung when I need a fast one. I have also used SanDisk in the past for the budget end. No idea about OCZ.

I usually buy Kingston, Crucial or Samsung but I did once buy an OCZ a few years ago for some reason and it was fine for a long time.

Why the reservations?
Mine is an old school pc in that I built it to have a 120gb drive for the operating system a second 250gb drive for everyday saved items & a third that I rarely accessed & was kept for saved items that I really didn't want to lose.

I recently installed windows 11 as a fresh & begun to look at my SSD's because of their age, luckily I was able to source a copy of Windows 11 where the need for the TMP had been overwritten & it works a treat.

Mine is an old school pc in that I built it to have a 120gb drive for the operating system a second 250gb drive for everyday saved items & a third that I rarely accessed & was kept for saved items that I really didn't want to lose.

I recently installed windows 11 as a fresh & begun to look at my SSD's because of their age, luckily I was able to source a copy of Windows 11 where the need for the TMP had been overwritten & it works a treat.

I wouldn't rely on any SSD without any kind of backups though... even Samsung which I run in my own machine because as stated my MJ above, they are at the quicker end of the scale.

I use a combination of spare local storage partitioned-off, OneDrive for offsite and USB Flash Pen Drives for retention.

Can you tell I work in IT? :D

I wouldn't rely on any SSD without any kind of backups though... even Samsung which I run in my own machine because as stated my MJ above, they are at the quicker end of the scale.

I use a combination of spare local storage partitioned-off, OneDrive for offsite and USB Flash Pen Drives for retention.

Can you tell I work in IT? :D
No, not if you can't distiguish between SSD and any other storage and state "I wouldn't rely on (SSD) without any kind of backup" you worry me with "USB Flash Pen drives for retention" you 'wouldn't rely' on the same tech you use for 'retention'?

Everything should have a backup or redundancy! I wouldn't let you near IT. Merry Xmas, like :D

No, not if you can't distiguish between SSD and any other storage and state "I wouldn't rely on (SSD) without any kind of backup" you worry me with "USB Flash Pen drives for retention" you 'wouldn't rely' on the same tech you use for 'retention'?

Everything should have a backup or redundancy! I wouldn't let you near IT. Merry Xmas, like :D

Why should everything have a backup or redundancy?

Where did I state I did not have backups?

You can't rely on any tech. If you worked in IT, you should know that.

Have a good one yourself mucka. :thumb:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom