ODB2 Reader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanMBFORUM

Car
W169 A170
Have an Ancel VD500, which has been great on the VWs and Audis I have, but doesn't unfortunately work on the Merc.

Any Forum preferred reader? (or dongle and app)

Looking at the moment at a Foseal
or a Nexpeak

But would prefer to get one I know works with mercs and can reset the likes of the SRS codes.

If buying on Fleabay, make sure it's a genuine item...there are fakes around

icarsoft MB V2.0 gets my vote too.

Much more than just an ODB2 reader - reads a lot more than the generic codes which any ODB2 reader will do and alloys you to do certain other things like tests and service system resets.

I also have a cheap ELM327 (Fiver 3 years ago?) and the TorqueHD app. This does the more generic code read/reset but handy on the fly for logging, live data etc.

Think I purchased mine brand new for just over £100 about 6 months ago.

Have used it on 4 different cars in the family and feel it has certainly paid off so far in diagnosis alone.

All good advice,make sure it is not a clone,and you will have bought the best OB2 you can buy for the money,ok it is not a star,but more than enough for the average car owner.

Almost tempted to pay a little more as after £80 for the VW specific one £100 for the merc one. Almost worth looking at a more expensive one that does all of them. Does that exist?

Almost tempted to pay a little more as after £80 for the VW specific one £100 for the merc one. Almost worth looking at a more expensive one that does all of them. Does that exist?

The 1 for all is around 250 quid iirc.

iCarsoft CR Pro - Universal Professional Diagnostic Tool 2019

Coverage:
Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Honda, Isuzu, Hyundai, Kia, Daewoo, Mazda, US Ford, Sprinter, BMW, Mini, VW, Seat, Skoda, Volvo, Porsche, SAAB, EU Ford, Holden, AUS Ford, Acura, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Dacia, Renault, Fiat, GM, Chrysler, Mercedes-Benz, Citroen, Jaguar, Peugeot, Audi, Opel, Land Rover, Smart, Suzuki, Vauxhall, Alfa-Romeo, Lancia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom