odd alarm going on and off/ PSE spillage/ SAM?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Hello,
here is the story:
A little while ago the alarm went off about 2/ 3 times for no reason? I didn't look more into it, thinking it might just have been a door not looked properly.
Then I went for a little trip and was loosing the boost once in a while, when I stopped and restarded the engine, all was good again.
Few days later I had the red dot from the towing switch that was lit all the time...
I found out later that I had some water spillage on the PSE during the trip. Then I guess this is why I was loosing the boost as the PSE was getting wet.
After drying all the connection, the light in the towing switch disseapered, result :)
but, there is always a but, the alarm goes on when even it want, but there is no light blinking at all, only the siren. Is this a symtoms of something with only the siren and nothing else, like the battery, SAM, what ever?
I also now have a battery drain, the alarm might drain the battery, or SAM is draining the battery then the alarm is kicking in as I have a low battery ( is that possible?)
Or it is the PSE that is dead and the battery too?
Remember the alarm went off few times prior the spillage too.
Any imput are welcome :)
I don't want to go to MB yet for a 50 quid scan.
Cheers.
Olivier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom