Odd electrical issues after battery change - w208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dpw864

Car
CLK
Hey guys

I have a 2002 final edition 230k w208.

I swapped the battery out on Sunday after the original finally got killed off by the weather.

Since then i've had some odd glitches with the electrics and I was hoping someone could help me out. For ease, i'll just list them. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

* Passenger window winds down too far when the door is opened and no longer does itself back up
* The boot switch light is constantly on
* The lights no longer flash when the car is locked, although they still do when unlocked
* If cruising, when I try accelerating at full throttle, it doesn't take off. Just sits. If I then take my foot off and immediately push it back down, it bolts.

Hope someone can shed some light.

Thanks

Re the windows, they need resetting.
Fully lower the windows, in turn, with the button, then raise to the top and hold for 2/3 seconds.

For future ref: power prior to removing the battery ensure that 12 volts is available across at the fuse boxes. This can be done with a small 12 volt battery i=at the terminals adjacent to the black box with the computer terminal inside. Flip the lid and connect 12 v between chassis and the terminal. This prevents power loss to the computers . Not maintaining this supply causes issues including the window needing to be reset. You may need to have alarm codes cancelled , there are a number of Item on this issue.
Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom