Odd Tyre Pressure Warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rhud

Was driving my w169 A Class yesterday and out of the blue got a big red 'Check Tyre pressures' warning on the display. All tyres looked ok,pressures normal. Then asked to reset pressure warning system which I did and went on my way. Anyone had anything similar?

If the car doesn't have discrete internal tyre pressure sensors then its likely it relies on the ABS wheel speed sensors to monitor wheel rotational speeds - a tyre that's going flat will have a different rolling radius from the others showing up as a speed difference which the system flags up as a potential flat tyre.

On mine the tyre(s) is rarely completely flat, but one or more of them might be lower than the others.

Had it before on a motorway roadworks section. Put it down to the uneven road whilst crossing the contra-flow

Had it before on a motorway roadworks section. Put it down to the uneven road whilst crossing the contra-flow

Ironically roadworks on the M6 are almost always when my warning pops up. - I think the low profile tyres are more prone to loss from knocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom