Odd Tyre Sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaneyB

Car
C43 AMG Premium Plus
Hi guys,
I'm used to having a wider cross section tyre on the rear of my old M3 but I've never seen a different profile until now?

I have 225/40/19's front and 255/35/19's on the rear?

I've also been used to running Michelin PSS's and was slightly surprised to have Dunlop SportMax on the new 43. Are they a standard thing for MB??

Cheers

Hi guys,
I'm used to having a wider cross section tyre on the rear of my old M3 but I've never seen a different profile until now?

I have 225/40/19's front and 255/35/19's on the rear?

I've also been used to running Michelin PSS's and was slightly surprised to have Dunlop SportMax on the new 43. Are they a standard thing for MB??

Cheers

Those profiles are quite a common pairing, the rear tires should be a lower profile than the front to keep the rolling radius the same.

I had Dunlops on my S5 and have had older Dunlops on one of my CLSs, and I knew that they were a common fitment on performance Mercs.

I was praying that they wouldn't be fitted to my C63 as I don't like them out of personal choice, my last two Mercs were fitted with Conti 5P's which I really liked. The C63 has Michelin PSS's fitted they seem to be really good tyres but grip seems to be a bit compromised when cold.....

Yeah I've seen differing profiles before too, think it might have been the CLS.

RR

RR

Your BMW probably did have a different profile on each axle...otherwise the rear of the car would have had taller tyres than the front.

225/40/19 vs 255/35/19 are almost identical. The diameter is 1.5mm difference, neglible in terms of ABS triggering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom