Oem 2019+ facelift tail light swap issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rangy

Car
C43 Coupe Convertible
I did the upgrade with a set of (Dated) 2018 OEM new shape led tail light (second hand) onto my 2014 c220d w205 sport plus amg line,also with led lights as youll now.
At first glance they worked fine straight swap over on checking them,no errors,I thought,but now ive noticed that in daylight,when the car is braking,not only do the brake lights come on but the tick lights(side lights) come on also,idicators work as normal
when lights are on at night all is well
Just highlithing this issue for others,its not just a straight swap over,they will probably need coding for diff model of 205's
on another forum =
"Hi, swapped in a set of facelift oem 2019+ Led tail lights on my 2018 c63s sedan and now my brake lights do not work. All other lights are working on the tail lights and the hazards are working. Any ideas? I was assuming these were a plug and play. My oem lights were the led versions."

I can live with this for now,ill not be using the car much self isolating and deal with it laters

any pointers will be good,if nobody knows anything at least this makes you all aware,not just a plug and play :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom