OEM Blower Motor = Hella Behr?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeddyRuxpin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2x E350 CDI Sport W212s... for a bit
Hi,

A blower motor for my 2009 W212 is £271 inc vat from MB

I can see that it’s a Behr, made in Germany.

Can anyone confirm that it’s the same as the ‘premium line’ Behr Hella you can get for approx £135 from GSF and usual online places?

And has anyone used them and they’re all alright?

I oiled my chirping motor back in January and it was all good after a thorough, deep clean - felt quite smug - but the noise came back after 3 months. Oiled again yesterday (probably went a bit over the top with it) and now it’s whining/whirring instead of ticking or chirping so I think it’s on its way out...

...in any case I’m pretty anal about cabin noises so can’t handle it, I can stomach £135 but double that for OEM for a blower motor... no thanks!

Cheers!

Ed

Hi.

My blower went last year. The indie I used recommended the BEHR Hella as the replacement as it’s the same as the OEM. It’s been in the car a year with no issues. The speed regulator also died and I replaced that with a BEHR Hella and that’s been fine too.

Hi,

A blower motor for my 2009 W212 is £271 inc vat from MB

I can see that it’s a Behr, made in Germany.

Can anyone confirm that it’s the same as the ‘premium line’ Behr Hella you can get for approx £135 from GSF and usual online places?

And has anyone used them and they’re all alright?

I oiled my chirping motor back in January and it was all good after a thorough, deep clean - felt quite smug - but the noise came back after 3 months. Oiled again yesterday (probably went a bit over the top with it) and now it’s whining/whirring instead of ticking or chirping so I think it’s on its way out...

...in any case I’m pretty anal about cabin noises so can’t handle it, I can stomach £135 but double that for OEM for a blower motor... no thanks!

Cheers!

Ed

Hella will be fine Ed :)

What's the part number?

Thanks guys,

I'm seeing a few come up, but these are the most common ones:

204 820 09 08
204 820 01 08
212 820 08 08

Obviously the 204 and 212 designate the vehicle type, but i usually see the first part number come up in searches most often (for right hand drive cars), even for a 212, I'm sure they probably use the same part on most/all cars of the same era.

The local GSF have Behr Hella in stock at £131 ('down' from £328 with their 60% discount which doesn't even make sense, but whatever). Not sure who makes the cheaper, 'premium' GSF option.... so silly that they don't tell you the brand.

£165 from ECP.

Cheers!

Ed

Last edited:
I used A Nissens one on my W211, replaced for the same reasons.
Approx 10k in and no issues. It was around £65 and felt and looked exactly the same as what came off. There were balance weights on the fan itself which is a good sign.
It takes about 30mins to change on the w211. Not sure on the w209 but if it was a dash out job I’d be tempted by mb original.

Interesting, cheers!

I've removed it twice now so could have the whole job done in 15 mins, so not put off by that part of it, just don't want to have to buy twice!

There are indeed cheaper options, the Nissens is £88 or £113 - not sure what the difference between them are.

The Hella are similar; there are different ones with slightly different price points, from £126 to £150... not just the LHD/RHD difference.

There are also a bunch of other brands that I haven't heard of, too...

I'll check the spare I have for the part number.

It was new in 2010 and the car was scrapped in 2016.

Thanks!

I've noticed that from the numbers, one serial starts with 204 (cheaper) and one starts with 212, obviously indicating the models.

But, I'm pretty sure they are exactly the same part and this is likely an E class vs C class 'price penalty'...

I've found OEM parts in my W212 with 204 part numbers....

Just looked on my invoice and the part number used by my indie was 8EW 351 043-111.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom