OEM Brake Parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldmerc

Car
05 S320CDI,96 E200
I have always believed where Brakes are concerned original parts should be used..Can anyone confirm what make would be of similar quality to those puchased from Mercedes ? im currently looking to replace discs and pads on a recently purchased 2005 S320cdi..ECP have some good deals regarding Brake parts but im unsure of the proven quality of their various makes..any comments gratefully recieved.

Pagid are OE quality, never had any issues with them, had dozens of sets on various cars including drilled on a Boxster 3.2 S.

TMD Friction group whose brands include Pagid and Textar amongst others have a new brake pad called Textar Epad. We are using the pads on one of our cars and have been impressed with them and would recommend them. ECP sell the pads.

http://www.tmdfriction.com

you cant go wrong with most of the parts mentioned above via ecp

When parts store sent me OEM parts, they included Bosche front pads, Meyle Front and Rear Brake discs, and Pagid Rear pads. And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Mercedes calipers might be from ATE? mine had the letters "Ate" stamped into the metal.

When parts store sent me OEM parts, they included Bosche front pads, Meyle Front and Rear Brake discs, and Pagid Rear pads. And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Mercedes calipers might be from ATE? mine had the letters "Ate" stamped into the metal.

Only Bosch are OEM to Mercedes, Meyle and Pagid are both aftermarket and are not OEM at all.

Some older calipers were Ate or Bendix, but most now are Lucas/TRW.

There seems to be a nasty habit of people selling OEM parts that are not OEM at all, and the term "OE quality" seems to be designed to mislead.

Stick to original MB parts (not as expensive as you think) or proper OEM brands such as Ate or Textar.

Seems you get what you pay for, they are 53% more than Pagid ones on ECP site.

Anyone know of a cheaper supplier for ATE/OEM pads?

Last edited:
Just thought id list the parts from ECP,

Eicher Brake PadsPart No.: 101220731 £27.54 [£19.23 after discount] - Eicher - Euro Car Parts UK
Pagid Brake PadsPart No.: 101220738 £46.20 [£32.34 after forum discount] - Pagid - Euro Car Parts UK
ATE Brake Pads Part No.: 101220735 £63.60 [£44.52 after forum discount]- ATE - Euro Car Parts UK
Textar Brake PadsPart No.: 101220736 £63.60 [£44.52 after forum discount] - Textar - Euro Car Parts UK
Textar E-Pad Part No.: 10122073E £85.20 [£59.60 after forum discount](Priced Per Axle) - | Euro Car Parts UK

So for the ATE pads we are only £0.78p more expensive than Mr Auto (dont forget their £6 delivery charge!) - And we offer faster delivery (goods are in stock in the UK) or same day collection from over 100 branches nationwide!

Fantastic!

Yes 40p cheaper :) :thumb:

I recently replaced my OEM pads and discs with Brembos all round. Not really any difference.

But they can...

We try our best to match every product as much as we can, but we reserve the right not to match a product given certain conditions.

So there is a price match guarantee, but not if they don't feel like it....

Not much of a guarantee then:mad:

oldmerc said:
I have always believed where Brakes are concerned original parts should be used..Can anyone confirm what make would be of similar quality to those puchased from Mercedes ? im currently looking to replace discs and pads on a recently purchased 2005 S320cdi..ECP have some good deals regarding Brake parts but im unsure of the proven quality of their various makes..any comments gratefully recieved.

The pucker MB pads fitted by dealer on my SLK fell apart after 2.5 years and 5k miles. I think you'd probably wish for anything other than 'similar' quality if you bought another make, and would be very unfortunate to get worse!

did anyone try Brembo pads?...and some advice for garage in London to do good job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom