OEM deep pile carpets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

badgx

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes e55
Unfortunately the original oem mats, which are pretty good, deep pile mats are no longer available from the dealerships and aftermarket suppliers that I had dealings with refuse to get involved in embroidery in fear of trademark issues.

So i decided to try something different, managed to find a fairly decent heel plate from fleabay. Its just a trial fit, on first impressions I must say I'm impressed 😎

They are supplied with allen key type screws and need to be bolted down. Will report back on fitment, touchwood I have some spare time this weekend, so let's see how it goes.20220520_125859.jpg

First thing I did when I got my car was place spare mats on top of the front oem ones to keep them nice.
I also have a slice of carpet floor-tile sandwiched between to prevent my feet/ heel putting depression marks into the oem one.

I have spare mats to put over the rear oem mats but only use them when I have to - which is usually only when I’m feeding the leathers or cleaning the back window.

Side note, when I got the car, I ordered some brand new mats, even though the one in the car were fine.

They ordered hen in and looked nothing like the originals!
Originals are jet black.
The ones they ordered in were light black with grey specks?!

I slapped the parts operative and rejected them.

Not a fan of those plates, will look well out of place, almost aftermarket Japanese car scene, id personally not do it!

your car though, your choice!

Okay, chickened out from butchering the oem mats....lol, which still have some decent life left. But the area around the heels do look squished in general, so placed an order on some aftermarket mats which are Saxony twist & slightly darker in shade without the AMG logo 😔.

The original part number for set of 4 mats B6 603 6150 and B6 603 6152 for driver side mats, are no longer available.

Have tried both Japanese and Australian markets with no joy, they are like hens teeth.

20220521_114727.jpg

Last edited:
Your original mat doesn’t look that bad.
Maybe just place a daily-use mat over the top to keep the amg one nice?

You could probably source a random mat made for the E-estate quite cheaply.

Your original mat doesn’t look that bad.
Maybe just place a daily-use mat over the top to keep the amg one nice?

You could probably source a random mat made for the E-estate quite cheaply.
Never actually thought of that pal, double up on mat over mat, which should help preserve the oem ones👍

I made some enquiries with an embroidery place, they said they can do any designs, any logos apparently. I was explaining to the guy who spoke with a French accent that they were car mats and of deep pile. Not sure if he understood, will make some enquiries when I drop by his factory.

I do not know how different W212 mats compared to W211 but they are still available from dealers

I went full savage and got rubber mats instead lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom