OEM Locking Wheel Studs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Can anybody out there tell me if the Latest version of locking wheel studs are no longer chrome plated at the top but are simply paintedall over?
Or is somebody trying to pull the wool over my eyes
:confused:

nigel cross said:
Can anybody out there tell me if the Latest version of locking wheel studs are no longer chrome plated at the top but are simply paintedall over?
Or is somebody trying to pull the wool over my eyes
:confused:

OEMs from MB or their supplier are chrome finished... The ones at the Stealers are in a chrome finish. Where are you trying to source them from and who said to you that are no longer finished in chrome?

Below is a set of brand new OEM MB lock nuts and if you look closely at the pic they too are finished in chrome around the head (just like they should be)

They are at a reasonable price too BUT double check that spec is correct for the W203 (it states that they are though but cross reference the info to be safe...)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-BENZ...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Last edited:
My mate hgas got some on Ebay but they are not chrome so I suspect he's getting stung. They came in a black plastic box with bar code part number and photo on the outside.And in the inside was a peice odf paper with lots of info and it even had a removable sticker with the code of the key adapter.
Sounds like these are an old set that has been painted. I will tell him to chase up the seller and get a refund .Thanks

older ones used to be front chrome prated. newer ones are not. I hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom