OEM MB Alloy Manufacturer...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
Does anyone know or is able to find out who the "manufacturer" is for the 16” 5 double spoke alloys that are available as an option on the W203 C Class?

Flash

Flash said:
Does anyone know or is able to find out who the "manufacturer" is for the 16” 5 double spoke alloys that are available as an option on the W203 C Class?

Flash

You mean the AMG ones ? I doubt that they sell on the market in direct competition. The only copies I have seen most certainly do not have the same quality finish - if anything just more bling.

Ronal make a lot of MBswheels in USA. My Advantgarde wheels are replicas made by ronal.

R2D2 said:
Ronal make a lot of MBswheels in USA.
It is true that a lot of OEM MB wheels are Ronal.
R2D2 said:
My Advantgarde wheels are replicas made by ronal.
Sure it's not Rondell? Ronal only seem to make ugly wheels to sell for themselves, Rondell make nice OEM replicas though.

Yup your right Shude, Rondell it is! Trust you to know who my wheels are made by:)

Reason why I ask is becasue I have those 16" double spoke alloys and one of them was damaged by the stealer who had it refurbished. The finish is ok but is more vulnerable to stome chips now as I have noticed the odd few (was thinking of just replacing the wheel with the OEM original rather then go via the setaler route...) or may just leave things alone as not noticable to anyone else.

Flash

Flash said:
Reason why I ask is becasue I have those 16" double spoke alloys and one of them was damaged by the stealer who had it refurbished. The finish is ok but is more vulnerable to stome chips now as I have noticed the odd few (was thinking of just replacing the wheel with the OEM original rather then go via the setaler route...) or may just leave things alone as not noticable to anyone else.

Flash

I vote for putting away the microscope and getting into the car and driving.

Annoying thing is that all the other alloys are absolutely spotless – if it was me who had caused the damage and then had the refurb done then fair enough but due to the fact that its down to the Stealer’s careless and negligence annoys me the most. The alloy actually came back with more blemishes then it did before the initial refurb!!! Rather then allow the Stealer another opportunity to botch things up any further I’m just going to have to live with it.

Be warned – do not let this Dealer group is Berkshire anywhere near your cars!!!

Flash

Geoff2 said:
http://www.performancealloys.com/results_search.asp?procedure=wheels_by_car Are these the ones? Put in car details etc when you get to brand tick AMG only

Thanks for the link - the alloys are not on there though. May try warranty claim with another Stealer if the wheel starts to really bug me and say that the blemishes are defects ;) Nothing to loose -worse they can do is turn me down and I'll just live with the wheel as its not noticebale to anyone else.

Do they measure paint thinckness on alloys wheel warranty claims anyone ?

Flash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom