Oem pads&discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam09

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350cdi coupe sport obs black
Hi does any1 know the make mb dealers use for pads and discs for my 59 plate w212 sport saloon? I've got a feeling it could be mintex but can any1 confirm which make?

I think oem discs/pads might be ATE or Lucas?

sixpot said:
Is there an 'ATE' in the caliper casting?
Tbh I haven't checked, I did ask mb dealers when my car was last in but the advisor stated they come in a plain box so he didn't know which I think was bull!

It wont be Mintex! they don't provide any OE Pads to Mercedes as far as I know!

the braking SYSTEM is probably built by ATE (it might say Teeves on the caliper) or Lucas - However this doesn't meant they supplied the PADS!

The could be produced by Pagid, Brembo, ATE, or a whole range of other brands....

In fact its quite possible that Mercedes used more than one supplier during the production run of a single model! (and its very common for different manufacturers to produce different pads for each engine size in the range!)

The best bet is to go for an OE Supplier (we would recommend Pagid, Textar or ATE) - Currently we're offering a 25 month, 25,000 mile warranty on Pagid pads & Discs when fitted in a set (front & rear pads & discs)

Hope that helps!

EuroCarParts said:
It wont be Mintex! they don't provide any OE Pads to Mercedes as far as I know! the braking SYSTEM is probably built by ATE (it might say Teeves on the caliper) or Lucas - However this doesn't meant they supplied the PADS! The could be produced by Pagid, Brembo, ATE, or a whole range of other brands.... In fact its quite possible that Mercedes used more than one supplier during the production run of a single model! (and its very common for different manufacturers to produce different pads for each engine size in the range!) The best bet is to go for an OE Supplier (we would recommend Pagid, Textar or ATE) - Currently we're offering a 25 month, 25,000 mile warranty on Pagid pads & Discs when fitted in a set (front & rear pads & discs) Hope that helps!
Ok thanks for the info.. I will go for your pagid front & rear pads and discs if you give me 30% off..? : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom