OEM Power Socket Plug - A0375450228

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Socket ordered from MB Oxford for £11.48. Will look to see if there is a loom, if not my Indie is happy to make one if we cannot find one ready made.
:)

The plug's part number is in the thread title :)
Not sure whether it will come with pins though.
No idea about the p/n for the loom though, as it was part of something else (a way more complicated wiring harness), and was surplus to requirement.

Reactions: Abb
Abb, for what it worth, it is very easy to substitute the plug with a pair of 2.8mm female spades - that won't require any alteration to the power socket itself (I have done those on one of my sockets - not complicated either).

Just use a quality 25A or 30A rated wire ,and there shouldn't be any issues.

Reactions: Abb
Abb, for what it worth, it is very easy to substitute the plug with a pair of 2.8mm female spades - that won't require any alteration to the power socket itself (I have done those on one of my sockets - not complicated either).

Just use a quality 25A or 30A rated wire ,and there shouldn't be any issues.

Thank you for that David. I will use an 'extension' for now until I get sorted. :)

Reactions: GLK
I fitted one today:

44282496672_b8c5b7071f_o.jpg

43613646574_631e506d22_o.jpg

Really wanted to have a "flip to the right" cover, but the documents folder's locking lug was in the way (put on top for comparison):

44282496892_0e6bd55bc2_o.jpg

View media item 7978View media item 7977View media item 7976
The socket I received has a threaded part for a retaining ring which will make fitting and securing it much easier! There is a "Socket ring" listed (60p!) which has been ordered, if that does not fit then a Jubilee clip would stop it pulling through a panel.

I will use 2,8mm insulated spade connectors to connect the wiring, I could either go to a spare terminal on the rear SAM or could connect direct to the battery via a fused link.

DSM10000, any chance of posting up the part numbers for the threaded socket and socket ring you refer to in post #27?

Good idea Codger I need to order the socket and associated bits to fit one to mine. Which pin of the rear SAM supplies the power ?

Have attached the W209.3 rear SAM fuse and relay assignation chart.

Looks like fuse 12 might do, if spare, as it is assigned to a power outlet in USA cars.

Attachments

• GF54.15P-1256-01Q.pdf
    314.6 KB · Views: 5
DSM10000, any chance of posting up the part numbers for the threaded socket and socket ring you refer to in post #27?
Gentlemen:

Socket part number is : A 000 820 7351

I do not have the locking ring yet but will publish the number when received.

Gentlemen:

Socket part number is : A 000 820 7351

I do not have the locking ring yet but will publish the number when received.

Is there a part number for the plastic threaded part, by chance?

I have another socket, with cover, but no mounting plastic part. This could be an ideal solution.

Is there a part number for the plastic threaded part, by chance?

I have another socket, with cover, but no mounting plastic part. This could be an ideal solution

The threaded part in my pictures seems integral to the socket.

If you are mounting the socket in a panel then a Jubilee clip the other side will stop it pulling through if you have space?

The threaded part in my pictures seems integral to the socket.

If you are mounting the socket in a panel then a Jubilee clip the other side will stop it pulling through if you have space?
Pretty sure it's removable, just like the one in my pic (post 5). There are locking lugs, which can be pushed out from inside the socket.
The part has a second function - it holds the cover in place, so it doesn't rotate.

Thanks. I'll see if I can get a parts dpt to identify the mounting bit.

Thanks. I'll see if I can get a parts dpt to identify the mounting bit.

There is a very faint number on the plastic part but it will not photograph and even under oblique lighting I cannot make out all of the digits. I will try some other methods and see if I can read them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom