OEM recommended instructions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shell 2003

Car
mercedes e320 cdi auto estate
Hi,
I have a court case coming up relating to damage done to our car during removal of seized injectors. I am trying to find the correct removal instructions for my model but am having difficulty with the model numbers etc. I have an E320 cdi auto avantgarde estate, 03 plate, WDB2102262X096313. I have found some some instructions online from Daimler AG on the Just answer website but I just want to check that I have the right model/engine codes. Please can someone point me in the right direction so that I can find out if the instructions match my car, thanks

Are you a member of the MB owners club? If so you can access the WIS program, from a windows based PC or laptop and then download the instructions for your car based on the VIN number. If you are not a member please confirm your VIn as a lot of members here have access. I may be able to help but not until later in the week

Thanks for reply, number is: WDB2102262X096313
We aren't sure what damage was done exactly but injectors are leaking really badly and there is damage to the surrounding area where they have tried to patch things up with chemical metal

Your engine is an OM613LA 613.961 Engine Number 61396130088135
Auto transmission 722 626 04 107938
injector nozzle is A6130700887

ar07.16_p_1000_03b REMOVE FROZEN INJECTORS

https://translate.google.com/transl...tachment.html?attachmentId=683567&prev=search

Unfortunately doesn't include pictures but I can tell you Mercedes provides an extractor kit designed for this task which includes two different extractor/adapter plates used to brace the extractor against the head for different injectors. Without their correct use its possible some damage may be done to the cylinder head casting. :dk:

Last edited:
Thanks for reply, number is: WDB2102262X096313
We aren't sure what damage was done exactly but injectors are leaking really badly and there is damage to the surrounding area where they have tried to patch things up with chemical metal

This can happen all too easily : I had to have all five injectors replaced on my C270 over the course of my ownership .

Stef Mazzoni of Merparts in Port Glasgoow ( MB Master Technician ) explained that the seats under the injector have to be cleaned up , and that any escaping gases , which come out under very high pressure while leaking is going on , can cause damage to the seat , the channel , or the injector itself .

There isn't a lot of metal to spare under the seats for cleaning up , nor under the retaining bolt as there is a water channel underneath .

I think on one , or possibly two , of my injectors , Stef had to use a special sealant which Mercedes-Benz supply for this purpose .

While it is possible that whoever worked on your car may have done some damage , it may also be possible that the damage may have occurred while the original injector was leaking and not be your fitter's fault at all . In some cases the cylinder head can be damaged beyond repair .

This job should only be tackled by someone competent .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom