OEM Xeon for w202 question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tmck

Car
C36 AMG
I am about to get a set of C43 OEM xeon
parts no
202 820 33 61
202 820 34 61

But how can I tell the difference if these are for LHD or RHD;
Would be please if anyone let me know before I pay for these items.
Thanks

I have only just started using the EPC but I believe these are RHD. Someone on here or your dealer will be able to confirm.

EPC says:

A 202 820 34 61
LIGHTING UNIT "XENON"
RIGHT,RIGHT-SIDE TRAFFIC

A 202 820 33 61
LIGHTING UNIT "XENON"
LEFT,RIGHT-SIDE TRAFFIC

Last edited:
I'm only guessing here, but 'right-side-traffic' - isn't that as in driving on the right?

We're obviously the opposite in the UK if so! :)

Will

Thank you for your effort;and that is a helpful info.
BTW;how could I find out the parts No for w124 93 manual transmission replacement parts.

Thanks

I have only just started using the EPC but I believe these are RHD. Someone on here or your dealer will be able to confirm.

EPC says:

A 202 820 34 61
LIGHTING UNIT "XENON"
RIGHT,RIGHT-SIDE TRAFFIC

A 202 820 33 61
LIGHTING UNIT "XENON"
LEFT,RIGHT-SIDE TRAFFIC

My friend also has a 1999 C43 (RHD)by using his Vin No to check also says the same thing;

A 202 820 35 61
LIGHTING UNIT "XENON"
RIGHT,RIGHT-SIDE TRAFFIC

A 202 820 36 61
LIGHTING UNIT "XENON"
LEFT,RIGHT-SIDE TRAFFIC

So it should be the same.

I'm only guessing here, but 'right-side-traffic' - isn't that as in driving on the right?

We're obviously the opposite in the UK if so! :)

Will

I took to mean if the car is RHD the opposite traffic is on your right but I guess your right.

My friend also has a 1999 C43 (RHD)by using his Vin No to check also says the same thing;

A 202 820 35 61
LIGHTING UNIT "XENON"
RIGHT,RIGHT-SIDE TRAFFIC

A 202 820 36 61
LIGHTING UNIT "XENON"
LEFT,RIGHT-SIDE TRAFFIC

So it should be the same.

Not what I get for those part numbers. Says left side traffic for both them part numbers on the EPC. See attached.

Attachments

• xenon.jpg
    xenon.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I have xenons on my W202 Kompressor. If it ever stops raining I'll pop out and check the part numbers for you.:thumb:

Thanks for all of your time and effort;
I just checked the other OEM xenon lights for W202 from US(LHD);
Here is the parts no;
202 820 37 61
202 820 38 61
If you may check the EPC if it says the other things means the one that I am about to buy is RHD.
Thanks

A 202 820 38 61
lighting unit "xenon"
right

a 202 820 37 61
lighting unit "xenon"
left

From whe picture I posted above you can see the Xenon option code is different for left hand traffic and right hand traffic. If you know what the option code for the UK was for Xenon this will tell you which units are RHD or check the data card of your friends C43 with xenon.

Edit: Quick search on google says 617 was option code for the UK.

Last edited:
Here is my friend's C43 Xenon lighting units;
008 2028203561 001 LIGHTING UNIT "XENON" LEFT,LEFT-SIDE TRAFFIC 008 2028203661 001 LIGHTING UNIT "XENON" RIGHT,LEFT-SIDE TRAFFIC

So is for RHD;and the parts no that I was asking should be for LHD.

Anyway;Thanks a lot for your very quick and very helpful responded;
I will do the same.
Thanks a lot.

And wonder where is the optional code ?

Here is the page and pics about an w202 Xenon light from US.

FS: BNIB OEM W202 XENON HEADLIGHTS - MBWorld.org Forums

thanks

If you are thinking of buying these, you need the ballast units aswell. The guy who is selling them claims that the ignitor is the connector with the lightning bolt on it hence plug and play.

He is incorrect......that is simply the plug for the bulb. The cables from that plug go to the ignitor which is located inside the headlamp casing. You then need the ballast units to trigger the ignitor and that connects to the oval connector on the headlamp.

Personally I think he is charging way too much as the ballast units will set you back an additional £300 - £350 for a pait if you go to Bosch.....they are near double that if you go to MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom