Off on a Euro trip today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What was going on with the upshift at around 175mph, Chris? :dk:

Not sure Phil, I mentioned it to Sarim last week......seems like a fuel issue. Gargles between 6th and 7th, starved of what seems like fuel then kicks in again. All other gear changes are spot on, just 6th to 7th in WOT

Either transmission map or ecu :dk:

Not sure Phil, I mentioned it to Sarim last week......
Very strange. Will be interesting to hear what it turns out to be. Difficult to replicate back in the UK though ;)

Great trip. I've done 400 miles this week enjoying my car. All back roads. Awesome.

Love that video ChrisA :D

I must do Europe next year.....

186mph??

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to beat my 210mph :) (See above video)
Speedo sticks at 200mph but revs rise another 500rpm so rough guess....210mph

Video was from the other day on German Autobahn Bremerhaven to Cuxhaven derestricted route. Car is MSL Performance courtesy car.....thanks guys and there's the 200mph you wanted Acid :)

Erm, I don't think I'll be beating that, especially as my C63 is back with MB and I'm now the custodian of an E300. :fail

Great vid and wow (!!) that thing has some serious poke :eek:

Dhard will not be pleased.... :doh:

Good, the t**t :D

ChrisA said:
186mph?? Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to beat my 210mph :) (See above video) Speedo sticks at 200mph but revs rise another 500rpm so rough guess....210mph Video was from the other day on German Autobahn Bremerhaven to Cuxhaven derestricted route. Car is MSL Performance courtesy car.....thanks guys and there's the 200mph you wanted Acid :)
that beast flys !:thumb:

Hey Robin, how did the trip go? Well I hope?

st13phil said:
Hey Robin, how did the trip go? Well I hope?

Hi Phil, apologies for missing this.

The tour was great, eventful nut lots and lots of fun.

Highlights included the roads, the tunnels, the noise , the 100 octane fuel in Italy, and the way the car performed despite its (and my) weight and n the mountain passes.

Lowlights were a tyre blow out and a total shut down apparently due to poor quality fuel in rural France.

Attachments

• image-4067140676.jpg
    image-4067140676.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image-2032882740.jpg
    image-2032882740.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 36
  • image-1887737462.jpg
    image-1887737462.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 41
Some more pics including a lovely 300sel 6.3 at MB dealers in Freiburg who fixed the tyre problem.

Attachments

• image-540273568.jpg
    image-540273568.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 32
  • image-1420055600.jpg
    image-1420055600.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 28
the highlights included the type of petrol you put in the car?

the highlights included the type of petrol you put in the car?

I would imagine it was how the car performed due to the 100 octane fuel that was put in. You have simplified the comment to suit a need :fail

I would imagine it was how the car performed due to the 100 octane fuel that was put in. You have simplified the comment to suit a need :fail

i just remember going to italy, spain, france with my car and family and the low light was filling the car up as it took away from the money i could spend on the holiday. highlights included proper time with family, decent food, nice scenery, weather, culture and the wine...i see the pictures and see fun, but sense something has been missed out on.

the difference in 1-2 octane is nothing, i doubt a modern car which adjusts to the fuel would even notice.

Rustrust said:
i just remember going to italy, spain, france with my car and family and the low light was filling the car up as it took away from the money i could spend on the holiday. highlights included proper time with family, decent food, nice scenery, weather, culture and the wine...i see the pictures and see fun, but sense something has been missed out on. the difference in 1-2 octane is nothing, i doubt a modern car which adjusts to the fuel would even notice.

Thanks for the travelogue.

Given I'm using a phone to converse I didn't feel the need to provide the full Judith Chalmers write up and equally as it was a boys' holiday there was no need to reference family time etc.

As for the petrol question I can assure you that a diet of 100 octane fuel made a discernible difference to the noise and feel of my car.

Why is it that this part of the forum continues to be plagued by point scoring individuals with little or no interest in the subject under discussion ?

Rustrust said:
i just remember going to italy, spain, france with my car and family and the low light was filling the car up as it took away from the money i could spend on the holiday. highlights included proper time with family, decent food, nice scenery, weather, culture and the wine...i see the pictures and see fun, but sense something has been missed out on. the difference in 1-2 octane is nothing, i doubt a modern car which adjusts to the fuel would even notice.

This forum is full of members who swear by using v power over standard fuel, myself being one of them. The octane difference is only 2 or 3 to standard fuel but mercedes insist you use it, so I imagine 100 Ron to be even better, especially in a tunnel on a down shift. Sounds fun to me.

The tour was great, eventful nut lots and lots of fun.
Glad to hear it. European road trips with a group can be great if they're well organised :rock:
Lowlights were a tyre blow out
That doesn't sound like such fun. What were the circumstances?

If you get a chance to post up a little more about the trip "in the style of Judith Chalmers" some of us would be appreciative :thumb:

Couple more

Attachments

• image-3064887348.jpg
    image-3064887348.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 20
  • image-994494091.jpg
    image-994494091.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom