Off the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

The SL is off the road, I was hit on the right side by a guy in a hire car that decided he would take a left turn from the Middle lane of the A4 without checking that the inside lane was clear first.

He hit me as he cut across the front me and took a left onto the A316 from the Hogarth roundabout.

After he hit me he drove off, so I had to follow him down the A316 to get him to stop thus I have not witnesses.

However, when he returned his hire car he put on his incident report that he was on the r/a and I had joined and hit him. He neglected to tell them that he was turning left from the middle lane or even that the road is three lanes at that point. I have sent his claims handlers a photo of the junction to show that it is not a conventional r/a but a continuation of the A4 that has three clear lanes and is trafficlight controlled.

This is so annoying, whats worse is that the guy has now gone back to America so it could take ages to get sorted.

Although I called out the Police it appears that they did not write a report, which may have confirmed that he told them where he was going and the fact that this involved taking the A316.

Any ideas on what i can do to help prove that this guy was at fault?

WOAH major bummer dude,

Ive been trying to see what car you have but cant see anything apparently new outside your workplace?

whats the latest on this anyway?

It is still being sorted by the insurance, the repairs are going to be done by MB Great West Road.

I was waiting for him to admit full liability before starting the repairs but it could take ages, so they guna start soon.

We get a courtesy car tmr it should be a BMW 528i...:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom