Off to Russia!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Ok guys, I'm off to Russia tonight! :)

Wifey is finishing her psychology degree (and hopefully graduating!) and we're having a nice easter break too! It's a second winter for us as it's currently minus 7 and heavy snow! Another punishing for my poor little Nissan!

I'll post any unusual, or special MBs or other interesting cars, as I see them!

Have a great, safe easter all, and I'll catch up with you from Vladimir in a few days! :D

Cheers! :D

You've been a bit quiet just lately, is the CLS keeping you entertained? ;)

Yes!! It's great, impresses me more and more. It's going to hibernate for a while now though. I'll miss it while in Russia. :) Time for the Nissan to wake up and do it's thing! :D

sylphy.JPG

Last edited:
Safe trip back... :thumb:

What's the black thing on the bonnet of the Nissan?

Have a good trip - probably the only place in the world where "Maybach spotting" is actually a viable pastime...

K

Have a great time!

Let see how many CLS you can spot in Russia.

The black thing is against stone chips.
Quite a few Russian cars have them.
Many remote and minor roads are unpaved.

Hi from Vladimir! :) We made it! Actually a very good flight by BMI (for a change!).

Have so far today seen 3 W212s, an assortment of MLs and GLKs and one G wagen! Not bad for just a few hours!

Roads are hell this year! I'll post a photo soon. The weather has been very cruel over the winter and left so many holes and ruts it's hard to go in a straight line.
The need for an off-road car (X-Trail etc) is getting stronger....

OK, off to our local Globus Hypermaket to get some goodies for the next few days. By the way, petrol is 26 rubles a litre today, which is just over 50p! :D

Have a good weekend all! :)

Last edited:
There's no GUM in Vladimir! :D But loads of SPARs, MiniMarkets and this mega supermaket called Globus (German I believe) which is seriously huge! Makes our local Tesco at home look like a corner shop! :D I'm currently enjoying a nice fresh coffee in the WiFi enabled Globus cafe while SWMBO browses the shop! :)

(I just picked up an excellent 1/43 diecast Mercedes CL63 for my bedside collection! :D )

There's a lot of older MBs too. Mostly W124s. Only see SLs and SLKs in Moscow area as the roads are more suited to lower ground clearance cars, and drop heads are not popular 'cos of the dust the multitude of trucks kick up all over your car!

Average wages are on the up everywhere. In Moscow, it's not far different from UK and where we are, maybe about half. Like him or hate him, Putin has raised the average standard of living here, but at what cost remains to be seen.... (not the time or place for a political discussion!)

Ok, time to go back home now and enjoy the obstacle course called "roads!" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom