off to the beige side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
lexus. boring, slightly plasticy rx400h 2007 vintage. The starhip mileage of the 'e has taken its toll and its time to move on.

im sure ill be back.

cheereo.

Slightly boring is a good description, Mrs A has a Rx300, beautifully built but it ain't got no soul, come back from the dark side......

well.... that didnt last long did it. god that is an awful car.

you cant set the memory seats whilst driving. but you can adjust them

you cant set the sat nav whilst driving to a destination using words, but you can with the cursor

it bings at you constantly. 'moon roof open'.....

fuel consumption is apalling, 30.5mpg vs my e320cdi at 38

creaky leather.

stupid cruise that you have to turn on each time you drive.

fuel consumption meter that doesnt tell you estimated range. wtf?

TAPE PLAYER. yes. 2007 car. fecking tape player. no aux in. ill say it again. TAPE PLAYER. uk spec car too.

telephone that you cant use while driving. well, the buttons, but you can answer the call etc.

huge and very distracting display showing where the power is gojng (eg engine vs motors etc). to be read in conjunction with above. if a phone is 'too distracting' then thia big flashy cartoon certainly is.

off to look at a 2007+ xc70 se lux i think.

I have an LS430 and there are some parallels here. :)

-Memory seats can't be adjusted when driving. I figure this is in case you have a preset set to something stupid and accidentally press the button while driving, therefore putting the seat in a daft position and causing a distraction to your driving.

- Moon roof notice only ever comes up if the ignition is off and driver's door is open.

- Fuel economy... I'm getting around 23 mpg (26-28 on a longer journey) which isn't bad for a 4.3l V8!

- Cruise - I like the on/off button. Same as my Camry, and my old Accord has a button to turn the cruise on/off. I suppose I'm used to it, but I guess because the cruise controls are on a stalk, it has an on/off button so it's hopefully off when you hit it instead of the indicator stalk!

- Tape player, no aux. Yeah, same here. Thankfully one of those RF converters works quite well. Which is good because the radio's aerial is awful.

I've heard it said Lexus are boring to drive, but I must admit I rather like my LS. Especially when the suspension's set to Sports and the gearbox profile set to Power! :)

By all means Audi is better equipped and with better quality of gadgets, fancier and poshest. But per mine experience build quality is way behind both Mercedes and Volvo. Oversteering is appalling, bonnet is insanely long, boot space is nowhere near as in E class or V/XC70, maintenance and parts are more expensive than for Volvo. Can't give any comment and comparison on AWD as Audi I had and V70 I have now are both FWDs.

Any opinions of an a6 all road vs the xc70[/QUO

Two different cars,the Volvo in my opinion is the better all rounder it tows well,the A6 is a slightly bigger car and gives slightly better fuel consumption,but buy a Mercedes you know you will miss our spats and popcorn posts,they are boring farts on the Volvo,Audi sites. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom