Off to the Dark Side......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
Well .... as some of you may know, I have been thinking about changing my car recently, for something a little newer, a little larger, and with a little more "oomph" than my C200!

Having made up my mind that it was time for a change, and after thinking about a lot of different options, I have ordered my 'new' car today ! :bannana:

The good news, is that it will still be Silver ! :bannana: :bannana:

It also contains MB in the name of the marque ... but not in that order !! You've guessed !! <<runs for door donning bulletproof vest>>

So the C200 is going, and in its place will be an '01 E39 525d Touring, in Titanium Silver / Black Leather, with lots of nice toys fitted as standard (in an attempt to stop me from modding !)

5 Series, as the rear seat is wider, and I now need to accomodate two kiddy seats, plus an occasional passenger in the middle,.... which was just too tight in the 202.

Diesel, as my mileage has gone up quite a bit recently, I've never had one before, and I was mightily impressed with the test drive - (I dread to think what the 530d is like in terms of acceleration !) Not to mention the influence of all you diesel owners on here having 'educated' me !!

BMW, as I fancied a change. The alternative would have been a W210 Estate, although couldn't find any nice diesels with the right spec in my price range, and if I'm being honest, I prefer the looks of the 5 series Touring.

If anybody wants to buy a '99 C200 Estate, with lots of mods already done, do let me know ASAP ! Otherwise, there will be some mods for sale on their own in the next couple of weeks .... watch the Classifieds section.

I have yet to find a BMW forum that competes with this one in any way shape or form, so will be sticking here for advice on all things oily .... certainly not ruling out another MB in the future ... just need to do some first hand research on the competition for a while :)

S.

Nice one, good choice.......

well good choice of fuel anyway :D

seriously, very nice car, I am sure you will make me very jealous.

Traitor!!
maninstocks.jpg

sym said:
Thanks Jase ... I knew I could count on you ;)

S.

No worries .. you can do the same when i change next time :D

Congrats on the new motor. Does this mean we will have a BMW in the German GTG? You better park down the street from Brabus then :D

Congrats on the new car Sym :D Shame about the colour :p or lack of it :devil: Seriously, nice choice, I look forward to getting a tour at the next GTG. :)

S.

P.S. I thought you were working from home these days? How can your mileage be going up?? :confused: :crazy:

Steve_Perry said:
I thought you were working from home these days? How can your mileage be going up?? :confused: :crazy:

Thats what I thought too Steve !! Its about 50/50 at the moment ... and the 50% of time on the road has been clocking the miles up !

Will be interesting to compare fuel economy figures, but seeing as I can now run on Lard (according to Dieselman !) , it should keep costs down ! :p

S.

a good mate of mine is a beemer enthuisiast - and he reckons that engine is a bit deliacte - the 530 lump is better.

make sure the oil changes are regular and good quality.... it has somthing like a 6000 mile service intervals :eek:

guydewdney said:
a good mate of mine is a beemer enthuisiast - and he reckons that engine is a bit deliacte - the 530 lump is better.

make sure the oil changes are regular and good quality.... it has somthing like a 6000 mile service intervals :eek:

Had heard this about the older 525tds, and that the 530d turbos are prone to failure -- perhaps that's the one he means ? As for service intervals , I've been told 15000-18000 is realistic !

We shall see ..... have negotiated a 2 yr BMW warranty into the deal, so hopefully I'll be OK!

S.

...buying a Bob Marley !

This is shocking behaviour from an MBClub Moderator...

You might get de-frocked !

I wonder how long it will be before the prodigal will return ?

Well Simon (sym)........... what can I say................ :rolleyes:
Hmmmmm........... is this the "New Ring Taxi" for MB Club :D

Diesel Power.... you know it makes sense....
I can't talk as I drive an Audi for my work car ;) .... :D

Mods..... well....... SUPERCHIP this would make it sit up
Good choice.

PJH said:
...buying a Bob Marley !

This is shocking behaviour from an MBClub Moderator...

You might get de-frocked !

I wonder how long it will be before the prodigal will return ?

Seem to remember another moderator who changed too :devil:

GRAV888 said:
Seem to remember another moderator who changed too :devil:

Yeah, but he didn't have any blinking mirrors to pass on to you !! So be nice :)

S.

Sym

At least you got something right.

Actually I like the 5series T and think the diesel will do you just fine.

Guy might be right about the engine but I've not heard of any problems with the new 2.5.
Deffinately the old unit wasn't as robust as any MB unit, especially the fuel pump, but yours is CR so completely different.

Ps. Veg-oil is 44p / litre at the moment at Costco. ;)

I echo what Fuzzer said. - TRAITOR :devil: :devil:

Yes by all means run it on Veggy oil mate, it might blow up earlier. :D :D

Save the real Diesel Fuel for the more Refined MB engines. :D :D

All the best Sym, when do you take delivery?

Brian WH said:
I echo what Fuzzer said. - TRAITOR :devil: :devil:

Yes by all means run it on Veggy oil mate, it might blow up earlier. :D :D

Save the real Diesel Fuel for the more Refined MB engines. :D :D

Don't hold back Brian ... say what you really feel :D :p

I don't think its as fast as yours, but would be interesting to find out some time ;)

S.

Brian WH said:
Anytime mate anytime. :D :D

I think we should organise a caravan for Brians car in his up and coming races :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom