Off topic: poor quality Land Rover leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sjmw

Car
SL60; SLK230K; Porsche 928 GTS; L405 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography
After some wrangling my local dealer has agreed to take out and 'refinish ' the front seats in my 15k mile Discovery HSE, which started looking ropey after about 3 months. Leather quality is p*ss poor so, unless they do an exceptional job, I'll press for full replacements.

The leather quality is worse than on an older Disco I had til last Jan and far worse than 15 year old Mercedes and BMs.

And I can't but it with a petrol engine (my last 3 were V8s)

GL looking a serious possibility when the time comes to replace it

I've seen a few complaints with the new RR Sports leather seats as well which I'd assume will be the same supplier/manufacturing. I dare say that because they can't build Discoverys, Sports, Ewoques etc quick enough due to the crazy demand then this looks to be a undesirable side effect.

I wouldn't get too excited about the GL neither, my wife's cousin bought a year old 350 CDI about six month ago and the dealership has had it more than he has!

Oh. Doesn't leave a lot of choice if one wants a 'premium' 7 seater with room for 7 grown ups/lanky teenagers. The 7 seat option on the RRS is a joke. Not sure the new Volvo XC90 will do it for me either. VW Caravelle ??

This is not just on the new models. I have a Jaguar and old model RRSport and they have the premium Oxford leather/ Portfolio leather. Whilst it is nice to look at and a tactile delight, it feels paper thin and is prone to early cracking, easily scratched and early wear and tear. Since the demise of Connolly brothers, leather in cars is either heavily grained, but hard wearing, or flawless and fragile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom