Offer I can't refuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PXW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance; MG ZS EV
Just got this email:

Hello

It is with trust and sincerity that I approach you for assistance.Please do accept my apology if my mail infringes on your personal ethics.My names are Barrister Mieler.Daniel Jones, I am the chairman of Mieler and Associates,our personal approach is unique.We comprise a team of distinct minded attorneys working in unison to offer creative and specialized solutions.We have an absolute commitment to quality client services and continuity.

Honestly it will be my humble pleasure if we can work together.I would like you to act as the next of kin to my deceased client who made a deposit of $3.6 million with a Bank here in Accra few years back.He died in an Auto crash with his immediate family without any registered next of kin and as such the funds now have an open beneficiary mandate with a Bank,This means that any person from your country can act as the next of kin of the deceased person for claiming the inheritance funds without any risk involved.

More so,I have received an official letter from the bank suggesting a likely proceeding for confiscation of the Fund in line with existing laws by the bank in which my client deposited the sum of $3.6 Million Dollars.According to the Law as provided in section 129 sub 63(N),Republic Of Ghana Banking Edit of 1981 at the expiration of 11 years the fund will revert to the ownership of the Ghana Government,if nobody applies to claim the fund.

My proposition to you is to present you to the bank as the Next of kin and beneficiary of my deceased client so that the bank will pay this $3.6 million to you so that we can share the amount on a mutually agreed percentage of 50% for me 50% for you. All legal documents to back up your claim as the deceased Next of Kin will be provided by me.All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through.I guarantee you that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.please,kindly provide me with,your full name and a direct phone number so I can call you immediately for more information

I think it seems a well thought through and straightforward proposition. I'm particularly impressed by the fact that this blatant fraud can be done under a legitimate arrangement that will protect me from any breach of the law. With assurances like that, what could possibly go wrong?

Seriously, who falls for this stuff??

I had a very similar thing yesterday, not sure where they got details from. I won't be replying.

ForumRunner_20140916_064030.png

I had a very similar thing yesterday, not sure where they got details from. I won't be replying.

Why not? After all, it was with trust and sincerity that he approached you for assistance.

He's a bit greedy 50 50 , if he agrees to 70 30 in your favour snatch his hand off. I expect 10% for this financial advice.

I used to get loads of these though I haven't seen one for ages now thank goodness.

He's a bit greedy 50 50 , if he agrees to 70 30 in your favour snatch his hand off. I expect 10% for this financial advice.

I have your 10% which is to be sent as irrevocable ATM card for your invaluable help.

The consignment is prepared and we just need the consignment fee ($560) and the customs fee ($465) and it can be despatched.

Assuring you of my 100% reliability in this matter

From Barrister Lord Sir Meldrew the 2nd

I knew someone who fell for the old Nigerian scam and gave away so much in gifts etc didn't pay the mortgage on the home and subsequently lost a 5 bed bungalow triple garage with a garden leading down to a stream.

They wouldn't listen if it sounds to good to be true etc

As some philosopher probably said, "You can't con an honest person".

Ha ha ha
Awesome, who would even take time to write this stuff
World is crazy

Indeed, because the person who sent this out is most likely a victim in their own right.

Depressingly large numbers of semi literate people pay to "learn" how to do this sort of thing. They also pay for the email contacts.

Every time a new wave of these long ridiculed emails is inflicted on the world it is a sign that another wave of suckers has been taken in by promises of untold riches.

May still be the odd greedy cretin on the receiving end who gets taken in but that should simply be seen as evidence that Darwinism works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom