Office 365 for Mac

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glenavy-drongo

Car
CLK55 Cayman S Sport Ducati Diavel Harley Fat Boy
As per title, is anyone using Office 365 on a Mac? I have always used Apple and really don't want to have to purchase a Windows machine to be able to run Windows.

Would welcome any thoughts or comments.

Cheers.

D

Hi gd, I run office 365 on Mac, no real issues apart from, (bearing in mind it’s my experience and I could be doing things wrong), I sometimes have glitches when using excel spreadsheets & word templates that have been set up on windows machines. For example, if I use a client template for a report, I may have issues inserting images and resizing or compressing them, not always only occasionally. Again, same with excel and macro’s don’t appear to work correctly sometimes. It could be me not using ‘correct workarounds’. Those are the only 2 issues I have and considering it’s only occasionally everything else is super smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As above. It is seamless with the occasional glitch when using the Office Suite (Excel, Word, PP). Outlook mail also works well. I think the trick is not to end up simply trying to circumvent a windows PC by using a MAC for that Job. That is not what either were designed for bit happens a lot in companies where technology platform shifts are foisted upon the IT department(s). If you have a MAc then use it as a Mac they are phenomenal machines in native mode that can be enhanced by also running WIndows.

All great feedback. Thanks guys. I would have occasion to review reports etc in Word and Excel and it would be useful to be be able to amend or edit these in Windows format.

D

All great feedback. Thanks guys. I would have occasion to review reports etc in Word and Excel and it would be useful to be be able to amend or edit these in Windows format.

D
This is fine. The issues I have seen usually arise when I am sent somebody else's docs that are usually at a lower (MS) Version than I am using. It can take a couple of re-starts of the application to sort it out. In extreme cases I have asked the sender to use the latest version, then all is fine. I have not yet become completely stuck.

That's good to hear. I was considering the Office 365 Home edition, as it allows for up to 5 machines to be used, which would be handy.

D

I look after 112 Macs and it is fine overall.

As said, there are a few glitches but nothing major.

...I sometimes have glitches when using excel spreadsheets & word templates that have been set up on windows machines...

...The issues I have seen usually arise when I am sent somebody else's docs that are usually at a lower (MS) Version than I am using...

When I first moved to Mac, the documents I had created on my old Windows PC transferred to Office on the Mac without any problems. Recently, I've replaced the old Mac mini with a MacBook Pro and I'm now getting formatting issues - no doubt I have a newer version of Office.

(It's generally just a case of changing margins and moving text boxes in Word, margins and column sizes in Excel.)

Appreciate all the help chaps. Looks like we are a go!

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom