Office chair recommendations for bad back...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have an RH Logic 400 at work that they bought for me on the occupational health's recommendation. I then was really lucky to find the same chair on gumtree locally for £30 as apposed to the £1,000 that work paid!

The Aeron is the best office chair. Make sure you buy the right size. All cheaply available from EBay.

It’s vital to lear how to move and stretch. Any doctor will tell you to get out of the chair and move around every hour. Thankfully that’s a. Lot easier currently thanks to home working.

Desk jockeys get themselves into all kinds of trouble because of slouching and refusal to occasionally stand up and move around. Learning some flexibility and Pilates routines can transform your posture and core.

Most of us know people who gave themselves a back problem by simply refusing to warm up before doing some heavy lifting or exercise. You can blame the chair all you like, but there’s only so much that it can do to rectify damage you’ve done to yourself.

when i worked for the bbc in a 24/7 control room we had chairs made by steelcase strafor as i recall. comfy and hard wearing for continous use

Have you had a look at the MARKUS Office Chair from IKEA. I've had one for the last 7 years and it's still as good as new. I can spend a full day in front of the PC editing images and with its mesh and cushioned back, and the usual adjustable height, swivel, castors etc., it is by far the best chair I have ever used; and I have always been fussy about chairs. It's still available on line at about £170 if I remember well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom