office desk for home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SportsCoupeRich

MB Enthusiast
Car
RRS
trying to find a really nice, traditional oak desk with leather top (so my magic mouse will work...). Using an old glass dining table at the moment which is not ideal.

Struggling to find anything i like that isn't 2 grand (see OKA) or one where I will have to travel to an antiques fair to see it (i would rather a good repro if I am honest).

Any one know any good vendors/manufacturers?

Happy to spend towards a £1000.....

Also, the back of it will be seen, as it sits in front of a window (so the window is behind me, Mr. Burns style).

This is one of the things proving an issue as many of them have power cable cut outs etc...

Have you considered reproduction pedestal desks like this?:
tra1.jpg

I had one in my office for many years and it was great. Unfortunately the company who made mine (Devlake in High Wycombe) went out of business in 2004. But there are still companies you can buy from, although I don't know where they're made. The pic above is from The Desk Centre UK - Pedestal Desks & Filing Systems. Oak pedestal desks range from £829 to £1695 depending on the size.

Have a look on sellingantiques.co.uk and do a search for oak pedestal desk. One thing you have to be careful of is the width between the pedestals - wide enough to be comfortable - and the height from the drawer to the floor - enough to comfortably sit under.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom