official mercedes benz club worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chip92

Car
C180 Kompressor W203
Hi just a quick question is joining the official mercedes benz club worth joining?

More of a question than an answer, but what do you want out of joining it?

The only answer is yes.....

So what does the club give you that this forum doesn't? I might join if it offers some sort of value to me but I will be driving just a standard C Class so I am not sure what a club membership will give me.

Last edited:
Mercedes Benz Owners Club member benefits
To be fair the forum is not as widely used as this one simply because its not public. IMHO owners of pre 1996 cars are going to derive the greatest benefit from membership and for the owner of a 60,70,80s car its an invaluable resource . It also focuses a lot on the history of the Mercedes marque from its inception if that's of interest.

I joined before buying my 107 SL nearly 4 years ago and found the model specific sub forums very helpful, particularly so as I had purposely bought a car that needed some work doing to bring it up to the condition I wanted. I gained a great deal of knowledge about the model in a fairly short time by asking a lot of questions but after 3 years and with the revised forum format, started to find it slightly tedious, so didn't renew.
I haven't really missed it since, if I'm honest.

Last edited:
I joined mainly to get access to the EPC, an added bonus has been the excellent club magazine, I also received a Mercedes Classic magazine despatched by MB, which is less regular, but a bonus. We have attended local shows with the club, where the club marque's have been used for a very professional and enjoyable day.
My join/not join benchmark is down to, the MB membership is the same cost as the Corvette Club I am also a member of. The Corvette magazine is not a patch on the MB one, they offer little else, so in that respect the MB club is good value for money.

Yes, there is a monthly meet on the last Wednesday of the month at The Packe Arms in Hoton near Loughborough on the A60 last one will be in October and another on alternate months at the The Stags Head Maidwell near Market Harborough. There is also one at the Bowling Green Inn, Hadley Heath on the third Tuesday of the month and lastly the Roman Way, Cannock on the first Thursday.
You also get a 10% discount at some suppliers and insurance also access to the EPC ( electronic parts Center) I believe it costs £37 per year which I think is excellent value.

Yes +10% Off Parts

Yes

Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom