Official - Vauxhall Stigma beats E Class ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have to ask this question of anyone reguardless of what the reviews say:

Two car parked side by side are you really going to take the keys to a Vauxhall over a Mercedes.........I think not :D

lotusmark2 said:
...Two car parked side by side are you really going to take the keys to a Vauxhall over a Mercedes.......
Mmmm Chevette :D

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
S.

Last edited:
They must be hallucinating down at What Cart

And the overall winner section's an even bigger laugh!…

" Even city cars are coming up trumps, with the class-winning Daewoo Matiz and £6995 Hyundai Getz scoring better than the BMW 3-series and Mercedes-Benz C-class – cars that are more than three times as expensive"

I don't think so! If either of those two turned up on the drive I'd die of shame and/or embarresment.

Andy

vito113 said:
Even city cars are coming up trumps, with the class-winning Daewoo Matiz and £6995 Hyundai Getz scoring better than the BMW 3-series and Mercedes-Benz C-class

Am I reading that right??????
1. they are calling the C-Class a city car :rolleyes:
2. they are comparing it to a Daewoo Mateless and a Hyundi gotitwrong and saying they are better.....ok the world has gone MAD!!!!!!

lotusmark2 said:
Am I reading that right??????
1. they are calling the C-Class a city car :rolleyes:
2. they are comparing it to a Daewoo Mateless and a Hyundi gotitwrong and saying they are better.....ok the world has gone MAD!!!!!!

No, They were comparing dodgy korean city cars levels of comfort to that of Mercs and Beemers… either way whoever rated them as more comfortable than Mercs or Beemers obviously hasn't driven a quality car.

Andy

Last edited:
Thanks
faith in human race starting to be restored.
Still at 6ft 8 tall I doubt a daewoo would score in the comfort stakes for me :D

Nothing wrong with the Chevette

Steve_Perry said:
Mmmm Chevette :D

Nothing wrong with the Chevette! one of the best cars I ever drove I'll have you know, my Dad had one…

OK, so it was a 230BHP 2.6ltr Twin Cam HSR Chevette, but a Chevette none the less ;-)

Andy

vito113 said:
Nothing wrong with the Chevette! one of the best cars I ever drove I'll have you know, my Dad had one…

OK, so it was a 230BHP 2.6ltr Twin Cam HSR Chevette, but a Chevette none the less ;-)

Andy
All Chevettes conjure up an image of one particular one that used to live round the corner from me when I was a wee nipper. I think the back of the car was approx half a foot higher than the front. It was two tone black and red and had ridiculously huge rear wheels and tyres, it looked like a drag car. Mind you the owner also had a Ford Anglia with flared wheel arches in a sorta lime green/flourescent yellow colour combination :crazy: :crazy:

S.

tail end of the 70's sir?

Steve_Perry said:
All Chevettes conjure up an image of one particular one that used to live round the corner from me when I was a wee nipper. I think the back of the car was approx half a foot higher than the front. It was two tone black and red and had ridiculously huge rear wheels and tyres, it looked like a drag car. Mind you the owner also had a Ford Anglia with flared wheel arches in a sorta lime green/flourescent yellow colour combination :crazy: :crazy:

S.

Oh yes, those were the days! when I was a newly licenced young blade, Starsky & Hutch lookalike Capris, furry dice, sunstrips, dayglow paint, huge wheel arches and loads of ferrous oxide primer… you were lucky, you were just an innocent bystander… I have to plead guilty to owning a dayglo orange Opel Manta!

But I think you'll agree this Chevette (same as old mans) is a bit special!

http://www.sunpoint.net/~mapatsik/protos/car37.html

Andy

Last edited:
IIRC Jeremy Clarkson nominated the Signum for an award because it was the only MPV in it's class that's actually smaller inside than the saloon car it's based on! :)

Now I remember… the back seat steering Top Gear!

Shude said:
IIRC Jeremy Clarkson nominated the Signum for an award because it was the only MPV in it's class that's actually smaller inside than the saloon car it's based on! :)

Correct you are Sir! Now I remember… the back seat steering Top Gear!

If anyone hasn't seen it he ripped it to pieces as the only ordinary car that's more comfortable in the back than the front. Then he rigged it up with reins and a broom handle and proceeded to drive it down the road while sitting in the back seat! Classic!

Andy

Last edited:
But according to their own Mighty Organ, it rates only two blobs! Further:

"Fidgety body control over bumpy roads. Narrow middle rear seat means it’s only suitable for four."

I do wonder about some of these "findings" and just how you can have a survey aimed at just one aspect. Could it be that somebody was trying very hard to find something nice to say about the Stigma?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom