Offset wheel size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonny...G

Car
W211 E320cdi
Hi all, can anybody tell me weather I can fit Wheels with an ET size of 48 on my 2004 E class. It says 35-38 on the spec but would I squeeze them on??? Thanks

You may well need 10mm hubcentric spacers to bring the wheel away from the brake calipers.

Ok that's the answer I was looking for. Thanks loads. I'll look on eBay. Thanks

Don't forget you may also need a set of bolts 10mm longer.
From memory, mine are M14x1.5 26mm long, so you will need some around 36mm in length. Ebay do decent zinc plated ones for around £25 a full set. Make sure you order radius head bolts and not tapered.

My old Brabus wheels had a 50mm offset and did not foul the AMG calipers.

If the OP already has the wheels, it may pay to see if there is any fouling before getting the spacers then.
That is almost a 20mm difference on the fronts as the recommended ET is 31!

If the OP already has the wheels, it may pay to see if there is any fouling before getting the spacers then.
That is almost a 20mm difference on the fronts as the recommended ET is 31!

I know mate, I kept looking at them and the gap in the arches. The stance was all wrong, shame as the wheels where genuine and nice.

I know mate, I kept looking at them and the gap in the arches. The stance was all wrong, shame as the wheels where genuine and nice.

Just checked my the sale ad I placed a while ago before they sold :-

The front wheels are 5x112, 8.5” wide, 18” and with an offset of 50.
Part code for the fronts = S12-858-50
The rear wheels are 5x112, 9.5” wide, 18” and with an offset of 50.
Part code for the rears = S12-958-50

Well I bought them and they fit fine, but however they don't look right with the gap between the wheel and the arches so I've bought the hub spacers too. 20mm ones. Cheers all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom