Offside mirror ebay replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anothersensor

Car
S Class W220
Hi Guys,
Hope this is the correct way to post my first thread / problem. Decided to replace my offside mirror and repeater lamp on the w220. The mirror was stained brown in colour and difficult to view out of, anti dazzle problem. Also replaced the repeater lamp, both cheaper items on ebay. The replacement mirror is heated and works fine. I have disconnected the wires for the anti dazzle as this is not an option on the replacement mirror. The repeater lamp only comes with 2 wires on the connector , so I also have no puddle light. When fitted the lamp works fine but my tell tale dash light flashes as if a bulb has blown. Malfunction and check lamp warning. I thought I would solder the original 4 wire connector on to the new lamp to see if I could rectify the fault and regain the use of the puddle light but that didn't help either. The iCarsoft scanner says it has an open circuit. I thought it would not work if it was an open circuit. Really mad as everything worked on the mirror, just couldn't see out it very well. Hazard lamps work fine both inside and out if that helps. Any thoughts where I went wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom