Oh B*****ks another SL bites the dust with blown Cats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterchurch

Had to pop out to do some errands this afternoon, It was nice and sunny here so I popped the roof down and went for a blast :D However I started to notice a rattling sound up the front of the car while it was sitting at the lights... I have a feeling that this is the end of my cats :( Oh well the car has done a massive 33,000 miles :devil:

First problem Will I damage my engine if I drive it while the pre-cats are broken.

Can I just get them cleaned out and order a new exhaust without them from Hayward and Scott?

Do aftermarket Cats differ much from the ones that MB would sell me for a massive markup?

Regards,

Peter

Its most likely just the heat shield which surrounds the cat.

Get under the car and have a look and if it is just the shield, get some tin snips and cut it off. Prolly till have plenty of years left in it too ;)

Sp!ke said:
Its most likely just the heat shield which surrounds the cat.

Get under the car and have a look and if it is just the shield, get some tin snips and cut it off. Prolly till have plenty of years left in it too ;)

I hope so :( I last drove the car Wednesday and I left it standing to warm it up and there was no noise then, so I hope I have caught whatever it is today...

Hi,
I have had a play under the car and it would seem that my one of my precats has failed :( anyone know a place where I can get the bugger removed

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom