Oh Dammit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Have spent most of the day washing, drying and polishing prior to taking pretty pics.

Move on to the interior happily polishing away, ignition on, radio on.

What button do you really need to be careful around?

Jay has it. Bloody effective at washing the car as well.

And as not long had an MB service, it's full of nice additive. Hosepipe out again...

yup... afraid so.

I'm reluctant because I like the car so much, but really can't afford to have the big bills at inconvenient times.

It looks like something lower mileage but not German, where I can stick an aftermarket warranty is the order of the day.

I used that car on a Scotland run, and really enjoyed it, but ultimately if I used it for work I'd stick too many miles on it, and I've had too big bills with not many miles between.

Someone is probably going to get a well sorted car, but its a risk I can't take anymore.

Even my partner, who drives the car has stopped giving me grief as she has seen the sense and reluctance behind it.

I will get back in a Merc eventually, but it will be a new or nearly new,and it will be under warranty.

yup... afraid so.

I'm reluctant because I like the car so much, but really can't afford to have the big bills at inconvenient times.

That is the world of the slightly older Mercedes. Touch wood so far so good for me, but I've not been pain free.

It looks like something lower mileage but not German, where I can stick an aftermarket warranty is the order of the day.

I used that car on a Scotland run, and really enjoyed it, but ultimately if I used it for work I'd stick too many miles on it, and I've had too big bills with not many miles between.

Someone is probably going to get a well sorted car, but its a risk I can't take anymore.

Even my partner, who drives the car has stopped giving me grief as she has seen the sense and reluctance behind it.

I will get back in a Merc eventually, but it will be a new or nearly new,and it will be under warranty.

Something like a Toyota, then you can skip the aftermarket warranty bit....

I'm varying widely between an Espace, a 120d, or A6 (some of these might break my non-german rule and more importantly mean going higher miles that I do not want to do).

Missus would maybe settle for another Lexus, but I was not impressed by the IS200 we had on any front, other than reliability. Did not like the interior, and did not like the economy.

Time for a Skoda Octavia 2.0TDi with DSG gearbox?

DSG is good but not without issue and when its a major issue, it makes an MB automatic transmission issue seem like buying pattern parts for a Fiesta. I love driving DSG cars, brilliant but not fool proof.

The DPF on these can cause problems, maybe not for David type of driving. An Audi A6 with the 3.0TDI and ZF 6sp box may also be ok.

A BMW would be a good place to go, nice 320d with a ZF auto should be ok if you look after it and service it more often.

Time for a Skoda Octavia 2.0TDi with DSG gearbox?

I would seriously consider that, but suspect the missus would veto it on school run style. While it does not count too much, I would probably pay a significant price for this...

Got to remember, that this car does only 6K a year, unless it's big enough to take pressure off the Volvo as the family car, which evens it all out better.

Espace is a serious contender due to this, due to the cost that I can get hold of a 2.0 dci model (1.9, 2.2 and 3.0 out on reliability), and due to the general flexibility that we had from the old one.

I would seriously consider that, but suspect the missus would veto it on school run style. While it does not count too much, I would probably pay a significant price for this...

Yes SWMBO vetoed anything Skoda in our fleet I think the actual quote was " You're not puttin a pile of sh*te like that on my drive are you mental" Fortunately I listened as they really are a bag of Sh*te never driven good one yet or been in one that does not have bits missing or fallen off so at the end of the day.

skoda_big.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom