Oh dear! Not a good service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NOMONEYBUTAMERC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW X1 . Porsche 968 Boxster
Had a phone call last night from my mate Andrew to advise that he was unable to make our usual card night due to a "slight problem" with his C180K.
Having booked his car into his regular (non -mercedes) garage , for a service and M.O.T. , he got a call to say that his rear discs and pads needed replacing. . No problem , go ahead and replace them please. Collected car late afternoon after coughing up £474 . A couple of miles down the road, and shortly before he was due for a 20 mile trip down the M5 , the back of the car started to shake violently. Pulled into the side of the road just as the nearside rear wheel parted company with the rest of the car. Brake caliper was torn off, wheel arch and bumper both damaged, but fortunately no injuries or accidents caused.
He had the car recoverd to his house , then taken to the garage this morning. The manager (who had not worked on the car) immediately refunded the £474 , profusely apologised and as well as issuing a loan car (least he could do really! ), promised to get the car fully repaired.Waiting for the proprietor to speak to him on monday , but Andys very pi55ed off , and a little shook up.Very scary , and i hope they make a good job of repairing the damage on his otherwise very tidy ) 06 motor.

They ripped him off for the pads (£500 for pads sounds ludicrous) and now have to give all his money back and repair his car...

Hope he gets it sorted, he must be really angry... feel for him. But mistakes do happen and as long as they go about fixing it in the right way, that's what counts

Things happen...how they are dealt with is the important thing. The garage has started well...let's see how this proceeds.

The £474 was the total for M.O.T. service , plus discs and pads ( i could have supplied him discs and pads , but he just wanted the car sorted straight away , so left it to the garage to source). Personally , i would want wheel expertly checked before being reused ( after all, it did rip off the caliper) ,and whilst to their credit , the garage have reacted swiftly , and not at this stage quibbled , but with regard to body repairs , would it be fair to insist on this being done at M.B. ? (MOCAS will be along later to correct my punctuation/grammar!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom