Oh dear test drove the "f" type v8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray d

Car
slk 55 amg
Have made a bad mistake but took a extended test drive in the Jag F type. I thought our cars were quick but that car is in another league. Total animal at any speed. It has the "loud" button for the exhausts which is brill. Have been on to Merc dealer over here and have asked them to see if an override switch to see if it can be possible to open the other butterfly valves. They were unaware of anyone having it done and I have told them to get on to their teckies and make it so. Has anyone had it done and if so was it "good". Ray:confused:

The V8 F-Type is an awesome machine. Ive heard one on full chat for a few seconds and it was wow. A match for any AMG, and the interior is lovely as well, and it handles. Awesome motor.

It is one on my wish list for a couple of years time. Was lucky enough do do an Evo Mag/Jaguar day of F-Types at Millbrook. What a day...what a track....and what a car! I'm not a fan of soft tops per se but the extra noise it gives over the fixed head with barely any loss of rigidy was worth it. Cracking car and a really dirty devilish noise!

They nice and fast, but I don't think they are in 'another league' compared to more recent AMGs. SLK55 is from an earlier generation than the F-Type. Comparing it to the latest generation would be more appropriate.

F Type exhaust farts, pops are crackles are way OTT and sound very contrived.

plus the steering has no feel and it is handles like a life boat

I know it's naughty but on the M56 last Saturday morning, had a bit of fun with a jag soft top, He tried but couldn't shake me, then pulled over to the centre lane to let me pass. All good fun and plenty of noise.

The size of the boot put me off. Weekend away would be ok but you can forget Suitcases and Airport.

is it made by Ford or Tata?

Last edited:
My neighbout has one, sounds great.

My neighbout has one, sounds great.

Same engine in my XF-R and even with the "standard" exhaust it sounds even better than my E55K with Kleeman manifolds and rear cats gutted.

The supercharged V6 sounds awesome too, JLR have certainly hit the sweet spot with the soundtrack to both of their supercharged engines.

Same engine in my XF-R and even with the "standard" exhaust it sounds even better than my E55K with Kleeman manifolds and rear cats gutted.

The supercharged V6 sounds awesome too, JLR have certainly hit the sweet spot with the soundtrack to both of their supercharged engines.

I'm losing track of you and your cars, have you binned the Rangie?

I'm losing track of you and your cars, have you binned the Rangie?

Yes, about three week ago, replaced it with the XF-R.

If I was doing the big miles still I am sure that there would be an XJ on my drive.

The W211 was due for a change in December last year but seems pointless now so I'll hang on a bit and see what happens.

Yep not bad...:eek:

[YOUTUBE]CXcWrgTm-qo[/YOUTUBE]

And it's v nice I have to say :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom