Oh dear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

@MARK

Car
Audi A7 Quattro
What's very wrong with this picture? :(

Attachments

• IMG_20111006_162656.jpg
    IMG_20111006_162656.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 412
place a plaster over it.

Think positive, it is definitely only a warning light, worse is yet to come should it turn red:devil::D

Your snow chains got sucked into the engine?

Its the first time the car has ever done 600rpm with you in it?

Or you have not got someone in the car with a "Fit Ball" on their lap for a change?

^ Its brand new..... OP probably playing with it a bit, short trips?

Mine a 320cdi is getting better with age.... much better.

At the end of the Day, it will hold 5 adults (ok short ones in the back) and a load of stuff from ikea in the boot will do 155mph and 60 in 6 seconds? so 35mpg given its the first tank isn't bad??

^ Its brand new..... OP probably playing with it a bit, short trips?

Yes it is brand new. Collected Saturday.

Home (Spalding) to Birmingham to Chippenham to Home and then to my local train station the following day (2 miles). Not too many short journeys there.

At which point it was difficult to start and the engine management light came on at 546 miles!!!

Turns out the problem was a failed camshaft sensor which has now been replaced and my car is back on my drive.

I am putting this down to "one of those things" and to be fair my local dealer did jump straight on it to sort things out.

I am building a "snagging list" before I put the car back in again but lets give things the benefit of the doubt....... for now!

Crickey, that mpg is shockingly bad for such driving. It's what's been putting me of getting a 350Cdi, being worse than the old sludge-burner.

Crickey, that mpg is shockingly bad for such driving. It's what's been putting me of getting a 350Cdi, being worse than the old sludge-burner.

That 34.4 is based on the first tank and to be fair, a lot of that first tank has been cross country (I took the scenic route between Birmingham & Chippenham).

On the run back from Chippenham to Spalding (M4>A419>M40>A43>M1>A605>A16) I was hitting aroung 38 (again cross country) so am still expecting this to raise to about 40mpg once we get run in a few weeks.

So be fair, if MPG is your primary concern, a V6 diesel (of any make) is probably not the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom