Oh dear.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. B

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
For those of you that read my ‘Being a good Neighbour’ thread last week..... here is an update...
2BD7F566-88FE-4112-B00B-32667B8DD77A.jpeg D17ADD17-81BA-45FF-9EF1-9AF38724A652.jpeg 8DB8F337-6D3C-4626-B1D2-A43840491A67.jpeg
(Apologies for the rotation)
Same neighbour knocked on my front door this morning and said I’ve driven into your car whilst reversing out of my drive).

It would appear he’s hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

Good job the post stopped the car otherwise the impact would have knackered the garage and guess what’s behind my garage door.

60488307-018D-443D-A5F9-867F375A3455.jpeg
Im lost got words :(

Oh dear indeed. Luckily there is no problem with apportion of blame and your neighbour's insurance should deal with the repair from start to finish.
Just inform your insurance company what has happened as you unfortunately have to do. Hopefully shouldn't affect your NCD next renewal.
I had a no fault incident many years ago and no increase in premium at all. You do have to declare it for 5 years though.

That doesn't look nice.

Is that your car that he has hit on the rear end and shunted towards the garage?

Agree about the license thing, I know an older chap that can barely walk yet still drives, when i see him reversing into his drive I cringe, takes him an age just to manouver back and forth till he gets it right.

'No good deed goes unpunished' goes the expression. Not in this case though - not connected to last week at all - just two unfortunate events on the trot (with the same cast members!). It'll fix.

It certainly is my car. What’s boiling my blood is the fact that last year the daughter of the neighbour next door to him reversed into my sons BMW whilst parked at the front of my house. My son got a courtesy car from BMW. Several days later the son of the above incident reversed into the side of the hire car.
You couldn’t make it up.
The only way to avoid further incidents is to move house. :eek:

This re-starts that whole discussion of 'old' drivers. I now have a 2006 Toyota Yaris 'run around' on the drive because my mother in law decided she simply did not want to drive anymore and the car became ours.

She has that option as she can walk into town or to the bus stop and we can give her a lift pretty much any time she wants.

Many elderly folk simply do not have those options. it's quite a dilemma.

You will only end up with other incidents, be it dog poo, trucks blocking you in or kids kicking balls off your cars, trust me. ;)

It certainly is my car. What’s boiling my blood is the fact that last year the daughter of the neighbour next door to him reversed into my sons BMW whilst parked at the front of my house. My son got a courtesy car from BMW. Several days later the son of the above incident reversed into the side of the hire car.
You couldn’t make it up.
Where do you live? I'm never going near the place :eek: ;)

I feel for you , I know cars can be repaired but you never feel the same about them , or the neighbour who did it.

You need to close the gate - your neighbour's gate....

Sorry but the Golf is on your property and driveway, presumably well within the boundary of your drive itself, and the neighbour has reversed out of his driveway and fully off the road onto your driveway? Definitely needs a retest or a revoke, thankfully it was a car and not a small child

Perhaps park something like this at the top of your driveway?

Humber%20Pig_l.jpg

The trouble I’ve got now is the post won’t unlock to drop down :doh:

HONDA JAZZ = CVT TRANSMISSION+ INCREASED ENGINE REVS FOR WARM UP COULD BE CONTRIBUTORY FACTORS?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom