Oh dear.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your neighbour must have been going some to have pushed your Golf at least three feet forward. Presumably your's was either in gear and/or the parking brake was on?

I still don't understand what he was doing reversing up your drive and hitting the Golf square on. :confused:

There is a certain unforeseen irony WRT the purpose of the post and the resultant damage...

Your neighbour must have been going some to have pushed your Golf at least three feet forward. Presumably your's was either in gear and/or the parking brake was on?

I still don't understand what he was doing reversing up your drive and hitting the Golf square on. :confused:

He hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

If there is anything by the way of upward force (like an upper cut), the handbraked wheels are relatively easy to unstick if the impact is at the rear.

If there is anything by the way of upward force (like an upper cut), the handbraked wheels are relatively easy to unstick if the impact is at the rear.

The Golf is/was automatic and it was parked with gearbox in park and the auto handbrake on, so he’s hit it with some force. Security post did a good job though which is now fixed.

Reactions: 219
I’ve now got the pleasure of driving a loan car ie. Vauxhall Mokka for the foreseeable future. Apologies if anybody has got one but it’s bloody awful. I suppose I should be grateful I’m not using public transport. :eek:

The Golf is/was automatic and it was parked with gearbox in park and the auto handbrake on, so he’s hit it with some force. Security post did a good job though which is now fixed.

With one big thump - or possibly kept on pushing when anyone else would have jumped out of the throttle? (Both? - surely not!)

Have you made the repairers aware that it was in park? Hopefully no damage to the park mechanism but I'd want it checked.

I’ve now got the pleasure of driving a loan car ie. Vauxhall Mokka for the foreseeable future. Apologies if anybody has got one but it’s bloody awful. I suppose I should be grateful I’m not using public transport. :eek:
A Vauxhall Mokka !! They sure know how to kick a man when he's down :( Ba$tards.

Same posts i have at home, they dont budge ha-ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom