Oh F@@king Hell!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pitts Pilot

Car
SL63 AMG 6.3, VW Tiguan 2.0
A9-ROB-damaged-15-June-2015_zpssd6rbbf3.jpg

Last night whilst my car was parked a taxi driver side swiped it :-(

Thanks to my neighbour - who was being dropped off at the time, the taxi driver left his details on a note under a windscreen wiper. So the insurance is pretty straight forward.

Still a bl00dy pain.

Hey Ho, that's parking on the street for you....

I hope to have the car visit the bodyshop in a week or so, subject to the insurance, etc.

The taxi driver has admitted it was his fault, so hopefully my premiums won't go up...

Life, eh?

Robert

Robert,

Sorry to see hear this. At least you have somebody who has admitted liability!

I real pain I know. Someone swiped my SL and drove off the bill was £3500! To replace the front bumper and repaint it.

It will be as good as new before you know it.

Justin

ah dreadful- mine was ever so slightly clipped recently, but I didn't see who did it or even when. Wasn't near as bad as yours though- same colour (Obsidian?)
As you say, at least you have an admission and won't affect your NCB, just a pain you are right- we always seem to have the vision in our minds until fixed!

Sorry to hear this but as said it should be straight forward for you.....while in the bodyshop they might even wash it for you!:thumb:

Tony.

In Southport we have an excellent body shop, Roy Lloyd Ltd.. They repaired a front wing for me after a "smart repair" made things worse, and recently resprayed the tailgate on my ML to repair rust. They even polished scratches from bumper and back door without charging any more.

The car, now repaired, looks as good as new, and the feeling of "it's broken, I don't like it" soon goes away.

Robert, do not let MB Brentford body shop any where near your car.

Not good - least he was honest

In regards to them beam deflectors.... dont let that glue stay on for long as it wrecks plastic lenses!

Looks like it's caught the wheel too? Lucky he was an honest fella! Good luck with it all.

Had similar with a very large foreign orange lorry afew Weeks ago... Gutted!! Into to Tony Fowkes in Park Royal for repairs, based on forum recommendations. Pick it up tomorrow, I'll update, so far pretty impressive.

J.

Bad luck Robert - looks straight-forward but always a PITA.

Not good - least he was honest

You say that but "Thanks to my neighbour - who was being dropped off at the time" makes me think otherwise...

Do you think he would have not bothered otherwise, Robert?

If you are fully comp and have protected ncb i would get it repaired on your own insurance to save all the time.
same thing happened to one of my cars,(delivery van reversed into it) I claimed on my insurance and they got the costs back of their insurance, so even though I claimed it still comes up as a non claim no fault accident. You'll have the non fault accident on your record anyway.
Car was back repaired 3 days after the incident
It never affected my insurance premiums in anyway.

Robert, do not let MB Brentford body shop any where near your car.

Oddly enough, I've just spoken to MB Wandsworth and that's where they send their cars!

Can you explain what you mean?

Will I get a disaster paint job, etc??

Robert

I'm sure Peter will explain, but from memory (amongst other things) they managed to set fire to his car.

I've just spoken to the body-shop I was intending to take the car.

They are NOT going to replace the front wing, but instead knock out any dents, correct the distortion, then skim the wing with filler before sanding and painting.

I am horrified that my car should be repaired with 2 pack filler!

What do you think?

Are the body-shop right, or should I argue with the insurance company (Admiral) for a new wing to avoid the use of filler? It's a prestige car, over £100,000 new, etc, etc...

I'm not sure what I should be demanding as a suitable repair.

Robert

I've just spoken to the body-shop I was intending to take the car.

They are NOT going to replace the front wing, but instead knock out any dents, correct the distortion, then skim the wing with filler before sanding and painting.

I am horrified that my car should be repaired with 2 pack filler!

What do you think?

Are the body-shop right, or should I argue with the insurance company (Admiral) for a new wing to avoid the use of filler? It's a prestige car, over £100,000 new, etc, etc...

I'm not sure what I should be demanding as a suitable repair.

Robert

Fully understand your concerns with regard filler but once you start replacing wings and bumpers etc then they have to start painting further and further away from the damage which then can bring its own issues of colour matching.

A good bodyshop should be able to do the job perfect though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom