Oh how I'd love a garage...or even a secluded driveway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
So I've just about worked up the enthusiasm to attempt to tackle some bodywork...now I'm left with the problem of where the hell do i do it!

I live in North London on a street of lovely Victorian terraces...but no driveways or garages. And I don't fancy being sat on the side of the road doing hours worth of work.

My parents live a good 1hr away away, however, they have a driveway and a garage. Unfortunately the garage is full of stuff, and the driveway is just off a busy road and completely open to it. Worse are that about 10+ people will try and spark up polite chit chat with me, as they've little better to do around there! (I'm starting to sound rather grumpy aren't I).

Pitstart is barely an option. I'll need to leave stuff to dwell on the car for 12hours at one point, and various other times will involve "drying time". During which time the car won't be driveable..so i'd have to sleep there...

I might have a look to see of there are any garages for rent...but then none seem to have electricity which i'll need for a short time.

Oh the joys. Apologies for a most boring moan.

Don`t try on a drive way as a little job will turn so time consuming from passers by as(you already know)

Rent a non serviced garage, buy a cheap generator off fleabay. When work is done sell generator.

Voila
:D

Worse are that about 10+ people will try and spark up polite chit chat with me, as they've little better to do around there! (I'm starting to sound rather grumpy aren't I).

Dye your hair green, spike it up & wear ripped clothes, no-one will talk to you then!!;)

Must admit, i have similar issues, even easy jobs have been put off because i hate working in eyeshot of all & sundry!!

The joys of central London eh. Soooo glad I am out of there (albeit possibly only temporarily).

Practically no chance of renting a lockup garage I should think and even if you found one it would cost about the same as the rent/mortgage on an average house :)

Sorry I can't be more constructive!

Come up North , rent a remote holiday home ( with drive or garage ) for a couple of weeks - job done !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom