Oh Lord!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

french

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi TT RS 2.5 , Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 9 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
First of all I am not a car cleaning guru type as most here, just a wash once a week & polish every month or 2 type owner...
Now all the serious car detailing guys (Mucho respect) please look away now & have a nice day, as what I am about to reveal will make you shudder.

Mrs french came into me this morning & asked me where the black canvas bag with all the cloth's were, the bag(s) she is referring to is where I keep the polish, Wax & detail spray etc , the other bag is my Micro cloths & buffer pads etc.

She carried on to explain how she prefers not to use a Mop & has been for the past year or so since, we had new hardwood floors fitted, been using these cloths to Dust/Wash & wax the floor....:crazy:

I just looked at her in disbelief to which came " Now whats wrong with you"
God single life was so easy...

First of all I am not a car cleaning guru type as most here, just a wash once a week & polish every month or 2 type owner...
Now all the serious car detailing guys (Mucho respect) please look away now & have a nice day, as what I am about to reveal will make you shudder.

Mrs french came into me this morning & asked me where the black canvas bag with all the cloth's were, the bag(s) she is referring to is where I keep the polish, Wax & detail spray etc , the other bag is my Micro cloths & buffer pads etc.

She carried on to explain how she prefers not to use a Mop & has been for the past year or so since, we had new hardwood floors fitted, been using these cloths to Dust/Wash & wax the floor....:crazy:

I just looked at her in disbelief to which came " Now whats wrong with you"
God single life was so easy...

So, she has been French Polishing the floors?

Reminds me of the toilet brush salesman's follow up:

"How are you getting on with the new toilet brush?'
"Well I'm persevering but the wife's gone back to paper....'

Wife also uses microfibre cloths for polishing etc, so we have a simple system - the yellow ones (cheapies, about £15 for 36!) are hers, the orange or blue ones are mine for the cars, and the 2 large yellow microfibre towels are also mine!

If its in the house its hers, if its in the garage its mine

Thinking about it, that applies to most of my possessions

Same here pretty much otherwise confusion takes over^^

You can have nice car things OR you can be married.

You have to decide for yourself.

Ask her to clean both the car and the house. If she is responsible for both then there is a better likelihood of any mixups. Plus you can put your feet up. will that work ?

^^^ Are you crazy...?..ask your wife to clean YOUR car....what dya say when she tells you that she used CIF and it's come up luvverly ?

^^^ Are you crazy...?..ask your wife to clean YOUR car....what dya say when she tells you that she used CIF and it's come up luvverly ?

Ajax and some wire wool works best on metallic paint. :D

Ant.

Two young Scouts called at our house a good many years ago during "bob a job" week, "Can we clean your car for 50p Mr, all they had was a plastic bucket and a bottle of JIF as it was called then, easiest 50p they made that week.

Ajax and some wire wool works best on metallic paint.

My neighbour once asked me what I cleaned my alloys with and I said that I used the small non scratch sponge pads , specifically saying "not the thin dark green scourers. An hour later, knock on front door, "somethings gone wrong" he says holding one of the thin green scourers in his hand.:eek:

My neighbour once asked me what I cleaned my alloys with and I said that I used the small non scratch sponge pads , specifically saying "not the thin dark green scourers. An hour later, knock on front door, "somethings gone wrong" he says holding one of the thin green scourers in his hand.:eek:

:wallbash:

I'm a kitchen fitter, I ALWAYS tell the customer that the high gloss work tops are easily scratched and care must be taken when cleaning. The amount of call backs I've had where they've obviously used a scouring pad begging me to 'do something with it'. I simply say "I'm a joiner not a wizard!"

:doh:

I'd say you were a much more committed cleaner than most on here - many use the moss on the window seals to clean the spokes on their wheels.

Luckily my other half knows not to go near 'the detailing cupboard' which was in place before she moved in. In fact she won't even wash my washing gear and leaves it all to me, just in case!! haha

I put the washing machine on a rinse empty to make sure there was no fabric softener in before washing the micro fibre cloths. She found them the next morning before I got to them and put them on a freshen up cycle with softener to make them smell nice.
She couldn't understand the concept of micro fibre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom