Oh no! BT says somebody else accessed my computer!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxbrownie

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML350Cdi BE now replaced, E220 2013MY just for a bit.....
Just had a call from a very charming BT employee who said my computer has be accessed by probably a criminal gang trying to gain my personal details and banking information, if I let him have access online to my computer he can put the firewall protocols in place to protect my computer from the threat, all I need is to pay the nominal fee of £30.......I said I had a cousin in Nigeria who is a Prince and for a nominal fee of £30 he could gain access to seized family funds of over £5,000,000......for this fee my friend could be the benificiary of 10% of the fortune..........wierd though, the guy from BT (must have been the Indian branch judging by his accent) lost the connection, shame he missed out on a golden opportunity. :dk:

:D

I just tell all the spam callers that I haven't got a phone...

Excellent response.

I usually just ask them to hold on a second then go and make a brew.

Sometimes I talk like the Flowerpot Men, that always does the trick

"This is the Metropolitan Police Information Technology Fraud Department, and this call has been intercepted and is being traced".

Re the car accident scam.....I always say it's the Police Car Dept so which one of our cars are you talking abou....oh you've gone!

I asked one chap (who said he was called Charles Anderson but said with a very lovely Indian accent) what the current weather was like in Mumbai, he then proceeded to tell me and recommended some places to visit! :)

I always like to string them along as long as possible.

It's nice pretending to be the thick one on the end of an IT call. Some of my staff will say it doesn't take much acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom