Oh ohhh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tolly

Car
2001 W210 E200K Avantgarde
Lads

In my posession is a E200 K
Recently did a service on it, cooland & oil
Today went to check the dipstick and there was a bit of frot on the bottom of it..
The mayo type, like when water mixes with oil but i am not low on collant or anything. A buddy of mine said it could be condensation or a breeding problem. I took of the breeder pipe that goes from rocket cover to the SC and its not blocked or anything. Also it driving fine and there is no frot present on the oil cap itself

Any input is appreciated
Thank you

Might be an idea to check the oil cooler for leaks as well mate

The engines on these cars just like Bmws get very hot. Condensation from short journeys can cause the mayo effect.
Take it for a long blast and keep an eye on it. So long as you not loosin coolant you shud be ok

A bit of brown mayo on the filler cap might be normal from condensation, but on the dip stick? - depending on how much, time to flush, new filter and re-fill the oil maybe?

The breather pipe is there to stop the sump compressing as the pistons thrash up and down. It lets air in and out. It is another area to inspect for mayo, because it is a place where moisture can enter from atmosphere.

The combined radiator/oil-cooler is not a brilliant idea and needs keeping an eye on, but the oil is from the gearbox, not the engine - so check for oil in water because water in the gearbox is bad news.

Engine oil getting into the radiator, and water in the engine oil, may not drop the radiator coolant level. But a little water in the engine oil is obvious because it emulsifies to mayo, a little oil in the water is not so obvious. K-Seal.
Another tell-tale is over-pressurised hoses (head gasket).

Short journey's encourage condensation thus leading to your symptoms. Take her for a good run and then see. I hope it is only condensation matey.

I drive around 30 miles a day during weekdays (home to work and back again)
But for the holidays I am in my mothers house which is 200 odd miles away so it got a good roasting.
Must check the oil again today

And i only got it serviced like 3 weeks ago

Hi, Hopefully it is a regular condensation problem, Carry out all the usual checks, coolant level, breather hoses, etc. But be aware if it is a 271 engine it may be the timing case cover seals, rather common on vehicles over 5 years of age and a swine of a job. The tell tale sign is to run it for a day or two at high revs during your normal commute, check the coolant level constantly but do not top up. If after 200 odd miles the coolant disappears, allow the engine to cool and drain the oil WHEN COLD. If you take the sump plug out and water is evident this will be the case. Good luck

Sorry just realised it is a 111 engine, did not read your profile before posting. On the 111 engine keep an eye out for oil leaks at the OSF of the cylinder head, this can be the sign of a head gasket failure. Same test as the previous post

my e200k has had this since I have had it 3.5 years ago.

No water loss, head gasket seems fine.

my e200k has had this since I have had it 3.5 years ago.

No water loss, head gasket seems fine.

Mine didnt have it prior the service thats the strange thing :(
Anyways its driving grand no problem a bit of frot is still present at the bottom of the dipstick....

As to the oil leak at the OSF block, none present and I know of this problem cuz my W202 had it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom