OH POO (Or words along those lines)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kjgood

Car
Currently w211 E240, Porsche 911 C2 Cab, oh and a Fiesta
Single blade wiper stopped yesterday. Its been kept fairly well greased for the last couple of years, so no great deal I thought.

Ha!

Wiper Gearing/Linkage £357.60

Then after fitting that

Wiper Motor £198.68

Then fitting charge £? still to be collected

Moral of the thread, look after those wipers and have them greased every service without fail and buy any second hand parts that appear either in your local scrappie or on EBay

I got a shock also when my wiper started behaving oddly on my last 202, similar price was quoted, luckily they stripped it down and lubricated it and worked fine from then on.

I'm sure GSF do a wiper motor for £99, would this be any good?!

Yikes! Need to do mine I think as it's never been done.

IIRC Parrot did a HOWTO ... must look that one up and get it done.

recommendation, get another one from a breaker, loads of people break mercs on ebay and it will be cheaper

Single blade wiper stopped yesterday. Its been kept fairly well greased for the last couple of years, so no great deal I thought.

Ha!

Wiper Gearing/Linkage £357.60

Then after fitting that

Wiper Motor £198.68

Then fitting charge £? still to be collected

Moral of the thread, look after those wipers and have them greased every service without fail and buy any second hand parts that appear either in your local scrappie or on EBay

Keep your old bits, tidy them up, and flog them on Ebay.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=28430http://
Yikes! Need to do mine I think as it's never been done.

IIRC Parrot did a HOWTO ... must look that one up and get it done.

Certainly mate .did mine bout three weks ago and all squealing and jumping stopped. instantly.
just thinking my friend did a bit of drilling on his E30 LHD with a Rhd shell body and he converted his wipers to swing from right to left instead of left to right.
Can the merc wipers not be swopped to twin blades and modified to take a cheaper motor?. It cannot be that hard and may need some bodywork maintenance.

Last edited:
thats pricey. You should get some used parts or try ebay. Good luck.

As an update, before buying new parts I bid on a unit on EBay which came from an 'R' reg C Class (Same age as mine and prob the same wear). Bottled out at £175 as either it may have been no good or would only last a short while.

GSF in Cardiff had them on back order, the wait about a week or so, I need the car, and I rang every scrappie in yellow pages in my area. Not one had a C Class. One even told me as soon as he had a C or E he rang someone who sends them to Nigeria so he'll never have C Class bits for sale.

I had to take one large deep breath and go for it.

d-d-damn!! thats a few ££££ there that could go onto other mods!!
think im going to grease mine this weekend as i dont think its ever been done!! :S

If anyone is interested I have a complete wiper motor and mech from a 124 260E going spare.

Don't know if anyone has tried these for motors etc but I got mine about 12 months ago from them for a little over £100 second hand and it's working a treat.

http://www.mercland.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom