Oh, the humiliation!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Okay, can't believe I'm sharing this, but here goes!

Today was my first session of phototherapy for psoriasis. I get to the hospital, having been experiencing some rather extreme emotional issues upon waking, to get shown to my oven! It really is like a giant microwave, minus the turntable.

Anyhow, I'd psyched myself up to go and stand starkers in this thing, when the nurse tells me that once inside, not to shut the door, as she needs to check?!

However, as if that's not bad enough, I'm then given the third degree over whether I'll be wearing underwear or a sock over my old chap! So, ultimately, there I am, stark bollock naked, bar my c0ck-sock, with a nurse checking everything is in order before cooking me for all of 15 seconds!!!

Okay, you barstewards, you can all stop laughing now! No wonder I had to phone mental health services for help this afternoon!

Sounds similar to a stand-up tanning booth... not that I would know, obviously :eek:

Sounds similar to a stand-up tanning booth... not that I would know, obviously :eek:

Probably very much the same, except these emit a very narrow spectrum.

Oh, I forgot, I also had images of prison rape scenes when shown two handles in the machine and told to hold on to them! :crazy:

Yup two loop straps hanging from the booth ceiling. The UVa and UVb radiation was very warming and relieved my chronic back pain. The nut-brown tan was a side effect...

That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it....

Just wondering, how did you manage to keep the sock on? lol.

Good on you Chris for sharing this experience with us all. I trust you're happy to add a lil bit of humor to this episode.

Was it a footballers sock by any chance? (without the shin pad)

Thanks for being so open with your health issues. Rest assured you'll help others going through a similar time.

Ant. :thumb:

It was a windsock borrowed from the local airport! I had been tempted to get an Ann Summer novelty item to wear, maybe an elephant?! :D

It was very warm inside the booth.

Last edited:
For psoriasis? Wife had that for many years, treated with creams and bath lotions, none of this high tech stuff - and then it decided of its own accord to go away and has not returned for many years! Sunshine certainly helped, she had far fewer problems when we lived in Qatar, Oman and Greece.

Can't imagine her reaction to being asked to stand SBN in a microwave!!

I came out the shower once with the most gigantic walloper ever. All proud of myself I waved it at the wife asking what she was going to do with it.

She hung her towel on it. Now that's humiliation :wallbash:

For psoriasis? Wife had that for many years, treated with creams and bath lotions, none of this high tech stuff - and then it decided of its own accord to go away and has not returned for many years! Sunshine certainly helped, she had far fewer problems when we lived in Qatar, Oman and Greece.

Can't imagine her reaction to being asked to stand SBN in a microwave!!

I've had it constantly since I was 17/18. It came as part of a multi pack of woes: psoriasis asthma and chronic fatigue syndrome, all together in one hit!

Eventually, shifted CFS after 7-8 years, but still have the other two and no remission ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom