Oh wow, a CL700.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would people still like to go back to the yesteryear interior of cars, or do people prefer what the current interior that cars have to offer, I prefer the current but appreciate a lot less to go wrong with the old era cars, but the current ones are luxurious. Yes thing have moved with the times, in every aspects of our lives.

Would people still like to go back to the yesteryear interior of cars, or do people prefer what the current interior that cars have to offer, I prefer the current but appreciate a lot less to go wrong with the old era cars, but the current ones are luxurious. Yes thing have moved with the times, in every aspects of our lives.
I think I could probably live with the interior on that CL700 - all the toys, but in a nice tactile analogue way and not an iPad glued to the dash in sight.
MB even managed to changing the gearshift annotation from LHD to RHD

Granted things were simplistic, but now with so many options and settings, it’s all menus and sub menus, but I guess with us using computers and mobile phones, we get used to this fairly quickly.

Granted things were simplistic, but now with so many options and settings, it’s all menus and sub menus, but I guess with us using computers and mobile phones, we get used to this fairly quickly.
The biggest issue with modern cars is that there is so much to go wrong and when it does the bills are eye watering. For some reason manufacturers keep adding unnecessary gadgets just so they can charge us ridiculous repair costs every few years.

The biggest issue with modern cars is that there is so much to go wrong and when it does the bills are eye watering. For some reason manufacturers keep adding unnecessary gadgets just so they can charge us ridiculous repair costs every few years.
Indeed, then their is the cost of map updates, and now upgrading to acp or aa. As far as gadgets goes, some are useful, and as you say some are not so useful and probably unnecessary to some, but I guess they have to cater for all.

Lovely. Is it the same car ?Anyone ever heard of a CL700 AMG from the late 90s? | Spotted on eBay!

it’s gone up a bit if it is!!
Probably, although if it was a Sultan of Brunei car then it would my be the first time that he ordered multiple identical cars.

I remember the thread you’ve linked to - and an earlier one still - it was thought to be overpriced and a big gamble even back then at £20-30k.

Car prices have rocketed since then, especially for classic and rare models, but you would have to really, really want this to spend £90k on it.

I really like this car but I think that even 1/2 to 2/3 of that it would take a while to find a home. It’s easy enough to start high and reduce it though.

Many of the newer interiors are a sea of LCD screens and over-styled, chintzy trim. Simple and good quality is refreshing.

On the other end of the budget, there’s a CL420 listed at anglia auctions which looks very nice this month.

On one of my trips to MB Brooklands I saw a W140 coupe in some sort of royal blue which was also owned by his sultanship. I can't remember which engine it had but he had clearly thrown the options list at it.

On one of my trips to MB Brooklands I saw a W140 coupe in some sort of royal blue which was also owned by his sultanship. I can't remember which engine it had but he had clearly thrown the options list at it.
As one would 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom