Ohlins Adjustable Shocks for 124's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WDB124066

MB Enthusiast
Car
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
Anybody ever heard of anyone doing this?

Perhaps someone in the states has done this- but it wont be cheap!:eek: There was I believe a factory self levelling set up all round in some markets ---think the same anti-roll bar lever arm/valve + spheres found at the rear of the estates but at the front as well. But retrofitting would be prohibitively expensive I would imagine even if all the bits were still available??

I should perhaps add this would add self levelling to any W124 but not the sort of sophisticated active suspension the original poster may be contemplating/
http://www.aurok.com/sus_dampers.html#ins40
As far as the W124 is concerned your problem would be with the front struts since suspensions with discrete shock absorbers seem to be better catered for. You could I suppose try the " technology" on the rear end if it could made to fit.

Last edited:
öhlins svedish shoxmanufacturer, best in da vörld for bikes and automobiles!
priiiiiiiiiicey whoa! :eek:

Retro fitting an adjustable insert into the struts is what I am thinking of rather than SLS; along the lines of your second post Grober, thank you very much for that.

The cost does look to be on the high side, but if it will make the car ride like the best modern cars and it is adjustable this should suit me down to the ground. With my worn set up at present, the roof down and with our shocking road surfaces I am getting a little bit of scuttle shake. With a superior, modern day adjustable I think these cars will benefit greatly, especially as the bushes and design of the suspension is already a cut above most cars on the road today. Complementing this with the latest technology adjustable shock should be the icing on the cake, wouldn't it.

Am I right to be thinking this or just dreaming on, would it be like having the worlds best amp and some crappy speakers.....??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom