oil around spark plug on E200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kildair

:( I recently posted a thread about loss of power. What was happening was that the engine was misfiring whenever I had to accelerate either from a stop or when driving. It was fine when cruising on the motorway.
I had a look at the spark plugs and there was oil around the spark plug no.1 in the well.
Any clues as to the problem? A friend suggested either the gasket or the cylinder head. If that is the case, any clues on the cost to fix

Rocker cover gasket seals around the plug holes are leaking. MB only part.

No. On my C180 i change that my self. And the parts cost me 6.55 € (one - need 4). Just remove the valve cover, clean everything, bolt on and that's it. Easy:rock:

Got mine from ECP, but as a full rocker set. I had an oily spark plug and hesitant engine so I changed mine myself.

Anyone who's read my other threads know that means its a pretty simple job, as i have proven myself mechanically incompetent on more than one occasion :D

best bet is to get a hammer and a socket of the same diameter as the plug gasket, as they take a bit of persuasion to sit into the hole correctly.

So to change the seals, what would I need to do after I remove the spark plugs (that is where I have got to)? Also Kompressor-Dude, you say you got it from ERC; what is ERC?

Sorry folks to ask again but:

"To change the seals, what would I need to do after I remove the spark plugs (that is where I have got to)? Also Kompressor-Dude, you say you got it from ERC; what is ERC?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom