Oil Extraction Pump - Mains Powered.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
For years, with great success, I have extracted the oil from my enigines with a handraulic Pela type pump.

The time has come for an electric pump to do the work.

I have heard of the small 12v types that attach to the battery terminals, but from reading some reports, I think this type may be a little slow.

So, I'm after a mains-powered pump, with all the fittings, including the 5-6mm dipstick tube.

Any suggestions, please?

TIA

Paul.

I use one of the Lidl ones as well, work very well.

One of them was getting a bit slow and noisy after using it maybe 20 times or so.
Took it back into Lidl the other day and they simply swiped my card and refunded it. ^

For £13 you can't go wrong.

I also thought I'd try the Lidl one. I have used it at least 10 times and it is working well. It does take around 10 mins to suck it out so roughly about the same time I would leave a sump bolt undone to allow the last bits to drip out. It's normally done by the time I've changed the filters. I would like a quicker one but for the price and the fact it works very well, I can't justify replacing it yet.

Thanks for the replies, chaps.

I came around too thinking the mains powered pumps might become a pain, so, with lots of electric drills around the place, I have opted for one of these. LINK.

One thing I will possibly have to get - if I don't nick the one from my old Sealey pump - is some dipstick tube.

Does anyone know what the original tube is made from?
It will certainly have to be heat resisitant.

Cheers

Paul.

Thanks for the replies, chaps.

I came around too thinking the mains powered pumps might become a pain, so, with lots of electric drills around the place, I have opted for one of these. LINK.

One thing I will possibly have to get - if I don't nick the one from my old Sealey pump - is some dipstick tube.

Does anyone know what the original tube is made from?
It will certainly have to be heat resisitant.

Cheers

Paul.
The original one I got ( and still have many moons later ) is a draper 10 ltr one, and can be hand-pumped, or it will use compressed air ( which is what I use ) and while it's draining, I change the filter. The original kit contained several probe's...some were plastic covered " flexible coil spring" ( think of old style curtain cables, with the screw in hooks at either end..or am I one of the vanishing few who remembers them? ) types, but others were just plastic, but of what composition, I don't know. And like a good few here on the Forum, I also use the Aldi 12v pump as well, and it works very well for me. And the hot oil does not seem to affect the plastic on it either. The only thing that I'm always carefull about ( because it can affect the amount drained ) is to have the car placed so that the dipstick is at the lowest point IE, if the dipstick is at the front of the engine, face the car downhill, and vice versa for dipsticks at the rear. For the Merc (w212 ) I always jack up the car on the passengers side, and that maximises the amount drained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom