OIL EXTRACTION PUMP ... RECOMMENDATION PLEASE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure if these are any good but for £12.99 from Lidl i thought i'd take a punt.

oil pump.JPG

I was picking up some bits for the Mrs dinner yesterday and couldn't come home with nothing for myself :)

Not sure if these are any good but for £12.99 from Lidl i thought i'd take a punt.

View attachment 74805

I was picking up some bits for the Mrs dinner yesterday and couldn't come home with nothing for myself :)

These are good and that price, well worth the money. The trick is to get the engine & oil as hot as you can before starting to pump it out. Thick cool oil, does not travel well up the thin (dip stick) sized extraction tube. Did my Daughters BF's diesel Peugot 1.4 at the weekend. It sucked out 4 liters in around 5 minutes, with no mess on me or the car. Replaced the canister paper filter in two minutes, poured in fresh oil 1 minute..... Job Done in less than ten minutes and perfectly clean hands, trouser legs, steering wheel etc.

As above, fully up to temperature is best, not just a bit warm, it'll still be too thick, you'll be waiting ages.

Thanks both.

It’s worth mentioning for anyone attempting an oil change for the first time its always a good idea to get the oil warm even if draining from the sump as it thins out and drains better. Just be careful of going about sump route that you do not burn yourself keep arms out the way and double up on nitrile gloves is a good idea so you can take pair of once fingers are oily.

Are these oil extrac pumps back in Lidl?

Can't see anything on their site.

After 50 years of doing it the hard way, I've eventually succumbed to the modern practice of pumping the old oil out thru the dip-stick tube, rather than lying underneath and wrestling with under-trays.
I saw a pump for about a tenner at Lidl.
Went back for it a couple of days later ... Sold out.
So - I unwisely looked on Amazon and found a German one for 12.99 + delivery.
Bought it .... It was delivered in good time and looked good.
Unfortunately, it was worthless.
It wouldn't pump at all - Even after priming it with the oil can.
The supplier's response ..... Throw it away.
Now trying to get my refund.
Ok ... Lesson learned ... Fingers burned ... Time wasted !!!
So guys ..... Your recommendations please.
I'm only looking to do about 2 oil changes a year (2 cars).
This is not for regular commercial use.
Do Euro Car Parts do one at an affordable price ?
I've trawled their web-site and not seen one.
Thanks in advance.
John

I have one of these lidl pumps,don't bother using it for changing the engine oil myself. But a godsend for filling gearbox oil.

I used the extraction pump for filling the 7G gearbox oil as it's first use. Done an oil change with it too now. Well worth the minor cost.

So i used the little pump this morning and it done a fine job for the money :) It has not convinced me that it is better than draining the oil out but i am very happy with the purchase.

I loved watching it vibrate across the engine until i positioned it so it wouldn't move. I have some non slip mat somewhere i may fix to the bottom of it.

Other than that it probably took about five minutes to pump 7 litres out. The next bit is for someone that has never used one

1) I drove to work to make sure it was nice and hot but genarally just run the engine to operating temp.
2) I let the car sit for around 5-10 minutes to let the oil find it's way back to the sump.
3) Rig up the pump by threading the thin tube down the dipstick guide and the thicker tube to a 25 litre waste container.
4) Make sure the switch on the pump is set to off and then connect to battery + to + and - to - and turn on.
5) Loosen off the oil filter to let any oil that holding run into the sump and wait for the pump to finish doing it job.
6) When it is done switch it off and have some tissue of rag handy to wipe the tube as it pull it out. I had a bucket waiting to put the oily bits including the pump in to sort out after.
7) Change the filter and o-rings and and tighten it back up to 25nm or in my case by hand and a quick nip up with a filter socket.
8) Top the engine up with golden clean oil. DONE.

The whole thing probably took around 15 minutes. :)

well just to chip in on this one gents...
i purchased the 12v oil exchange from machine mart as it was cheep as chips and i could pick it up same day so i could crack on..

well it had no issue sucking up the hot oil from the sump and was surprising fast.
pumped old oil into an old MB 20L container and will do so from now on!

Best oil change i have done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom