Oil filter change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ghb

Car
W204 C200k, 2007 & W124 200, 1987
Hi to everyone!
I am about to change the oil filter on my 2.4 litre C240 engine.
I notice that along with the new filter there is a bag of different sizes of 'O' rings, about five or six.
The last time I changed the filter I found that it had two small 'O' rings on the central, black plastic tube thingy.
How many 'O' rings should actually be fitted?

Thanks.

I could be wrong here, but I think a few different O rings are included to fit different sump plugs on different cars that the particular filter suits. I prefer to suck the oil out rather than drain from the sump.

Shouldn't be any O-rings for the sump in with the oil filter; they would be copper washers.

I thought there were quite a few O-rings on a new oil filter, but I couldn't say how many it should be.

It can vary from model to model. Sometimes they'll include varying O-rings to cover various options as filter might fit a number of differing cars. Is it a genuine MB filter?

https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/116264-m112-vacuum-oil-change.html

oil00013.jpg

As stated the filter may fit several models hence the many O-rings--- usually 4 are required as shown in the picture. Use the old ones to check which of the new ones are applicable and where they fit . Check for diameter and ring cross section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom